Patient Comments: Bone Spurs - Experience

Please describe your experience with bone spurs.

Comment from: Sherri, Female (Patient) Published: December 22

I had bone spurs surgically removed from left ankle 2 weeks ago. I'm out of the boot and trying to walk again. Stitched area feels very tight and requires stretching. I am having large toe pain and weakness and shooting pain on center of foot when trying to walk; like stabbing electric shocks. It makes me walk incorrectly. I sure hope things change soon because I have to go back to work where I'm on my feet all day long. Wishing I had never had the surgery!

Comment from: Indianrose314, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 02

I have degenerative disc disease and now have found out that I have arthritic spurs all through my body. I have extreme pain and surgery is not an option. I am currently having injections all through my neck and spine. It works for a while but then the pain returns. I was looking for better options but, I'm realizing there aren't very many things I can do except take pain medicines and use ice packs all over. Good luck to anyone else going through this.

Comment from: can't walk, (Patient) Published: March 25

I had surgery for bone spurs 6 months ago and I am still in excruciating pain. I cannot walk or stand. The pain never goes away, even when I'm lying down. I am so depressed and I don't feel that I can take it anymore.

Comment from: Sherri, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I have had foot surgery on both feet, twice. The first surgery was to grind down the bone spurs on my heels. This surgery had lasting results. The first doctor did not clean out all the bone chips and over time they accumulated more calcium and that in turn ate the tendons up. The second surgery removed the chips and my tendons we totally removed and replaced with muscles from my thigh. This is a very painful surgery and has long lasting effects on your quality of life.

Comment from: storm8, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

This is my third bone spur. I had one removed in the 80s on my right shoulder, then one on my right hand around the thumb. And now I have one just above my wrist on my right arm. It is causing a lot of pain when I use my right arm, when I write or type. Sometimes sharp pain shoots up my arm. Because of liver damage I cannot take arthritis medications.

Comment from: BreeAnn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I was diagnosed with a bone spur under my kneecap I am on medications for it but at times it can be painful to walk. No arthritis in there so I wonder how one gets it.

Comment from: jenny, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I had surgery on my left knee last December, and a month ago I was having so much pain in my knee and it hurts badly when I pivot my knee. So I went to the doctor and he did an MRI and found 6 bone spurs and two Baker's cysts. I am in pain all day sitting or walking. I wonder if I have to have another operation to clean out my knee.

Comment from: NancyN, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I had very bad plantar fasciitis to the point of having to hop on one foot as it was painful to put any pressure on the affected foot. I had been drinking a new water for the previous 6 months. I changed the water and my condition went away.

Bone Spurs - Treatments Question: Where were your bone spurs located and what was the treatment?
Bone Spurs - Cause Question: What was the cause of your bone spurs?
Bone Spurs - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your bone spurs?