Patient Comments: Bone Spurs - Cause

What was the cause of your bone spurs?

Comment from: cutter, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

I have bone spurs on my spine and in both shoulder joints, the left being the worst. Anyone who has spurs knows how painful this is. Because I look healthy, I'm sure some people think I'm just exaggerating. I am just starting my journey of going to doctors and X-rays and ultrasound. So far cortisone injection has not helped. It takes so long to get appointments etc. I have heard from others and read that ice helps, so I will try this while I await my appointments. The cause of my spurs is as yet unidentified but as I have arthritis that may be it.

Comment from: skincare, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I had surgery on my first metatarsal bone four months ago. Post-op, I found out I have a stress fracture on the opposite side of my foot. Now I'm experiencing pain on the ball of my foot and my index toe has separated from my big toe. I need help in understanding this – I'm so disgusted.

Comment from: athena40, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

I have four bone spurs, two in each foot. I had two of them taken out of my left foot two years ago and they just recently came back. I knew of one in my right foot but now I have two of them the size of the ones I had in my left foot. Is there a way to get rid of them? I am in a lot of pain and I don't want to live off of medicine the rest of my life.

Comment from: Alisa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I am 49 and have had a bone spur removed from the top of my right foot three years ago as it was rubbing when I wore shoes. I am having two more removed next week from my left inside ankle which I have had since an injury at age 14. I also have one on my left shoulder due to another injury, however none of these have been painful which indicates to me that these are just injury related. Doctors have suggested that I have osteoarthritis but no one in my family has it and my joints are fine.

Comment from: charliesangel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I was severely overweight and work a job where I am on my feet all day. My bone spurs were in both knees and on my right foot. I have had two total knee replacements and the spurs taken off my foot. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis about two years ago. I now have bone spurs on both wrists.

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I had a really bad fall just over a year ago and received soft tissue damage in my right ankle. I have been in constant pain since I got another X-ray a few weeks ago and have just been told I have a spur. Can this have been caused by the accident?

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I had some arthritis in both my knees but had a recent injury with a fall on both of my knees on concrete. After the fall on concrete I had to depend on a cane because of the knee bone slipping. Within 6 months from the aggravation of the fall on concrete, I developed bone spurs and cysts on the knees. Although I had some arthritis I never used a cane until I fell on concrete.

Bone Spurs - Treatments Question: Where were your bone spurs located and what was the treatment?
Bone Spurs - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bone spurs.
Bone Spurs - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your bone spurs?