Patient Comments: Boils - Location and Symptoms

Where was your boil located and what were the developing symptoms?

Comment from: Kipngetich L., 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

My boil has developed in the back of my head behind my left ear. It is really painful.

Comment from: gus, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 26

I got my first boil in my eyelid, after few days it transferred to my nose outer side, and then moved to the inner side again, it was so painful. After I took antibiotics it was over but after a month again I have this boil in my nose in the tip of my nose and now it transfers again in my inner part of the nose. I was wondering why it always comes back.

Comment from: pam, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

My boil is located below my ear on my face. I had swelling before the boil developed.

Comment from: luv8ters, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I am 33. I had my first boil in the crease between the private area and my thigh. It was severely painful. It hasn't returned to that area. Today though, 10 years after the first, I am dealing with my 2nd "boil" on my rear end. This one was the worst ever. For 4-5 days of nothing but pain! Started as a small boil, it wasn't long ago since my first butt boil, I thought this would be easy. I have had hot soaks, bandages, alcohol; this boil had changed colors red, blue, purple, and black at the very last moment of it.

Comment from: Rollins, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have boils in rectum and anal region.

Comment from: Jean W., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I had only 3 boils in my life; the last two when I first developed diabetes. Two inch and a half long, smooth, very painful lumps in the top inner thigh. I disinfected and applied light pressure, they burst. There were two 2 inch long 1/3 inch wide piles of pus, with a shorter line of dark, sticky blood in between. They hurt so badly before removal there was a stinging feeling when I sat down. I did not want them bursting inside my hose or pants. I saw my doctor two days later. There was a hard, light orange, translucent kernel from one. Both healed quickly, as I was on antibiotics for another infection.

Comment from: john, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

I have a boil on my penis but under not over. It got big a little but went down some. This is my first time getting one down there.

Comment from: Dot, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I get a boil every year where elastic band from panties fits groin area.

Comment from: kristal, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 25

I have been getting boils since last year just on my thighs and since recently I got under my armpit, it is so painful. I have seen many doctors but no one can cure. I was on medication and injection but it's not helping.

Comment from: norman bj, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

It is now a second boil on the same place, in the armpit.

Boils - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your boils?
Boils - Causes Question: Has a boil ever become infected? If so, what was the outcome?
Boils - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with boils.