Patient Comments: Boils - Location and Symptoms

Where was your boil located and what were the developing symptoms?

Comment from: pam, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

My boil is located below my ear on my face. I had swelling before the boil developed.

Comment from: luv8ters, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I am 33. I had my first boil in the crease between the private area and my thigh. It was severely painful. It hasn't returned to that area. Today though, 10 years after the first, I am dealing with my 2nd "boil" on my rear end. This one was the worst ever. For 4-5 days of nothing but pain! Started as a small boil, it wasn't long ago since my first butt boil, I thought this would be easy. I have had hot soaks, bandages, alcohol; this boil had changed colors red, blue, purple, and black at the very last moment of it.

Comment from: kristal, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 25

I have been getting boils since last year just on my thighs and since recently I got under my armpit, it is so painful. I have seen many doctors but no one can cure. I was on medication and injection but it's not helping.

Comment from: norman bj, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

It is now a second boil on the same place, in the armpit.

Comment from: Candy noels, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I have lots of boils on my buttocks and under my breast for over 10 years and lots of black marks when it goes.

Comment from: butterfly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

Two days ago I got a quarter size lump in the middle of my breast. It hurt. Today, not so bad, but still does. My best friend is a hospice nurse and she said it was a boil. Never had one in my life and I just want it gone.

Comment from: Rae, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

It started about 2 years ago, I started getting them on my toes, I had one so big I cried so my boyfriend wrapped up my foot and had me walking around town for about 2 hours. When we got home I unwrapped my foot and it had opened up. I had pus all over and I had to keep pushing until I got most of the pus. It took me about 3 or 4 days to get all the pus out but before it even opened up. My whole toe was swollen and purple. I had a one on my pelvis it started getting bigger and bigger, it was red and warm I couldn't even wear jeans. I went to the doctors and they numbed it and cut it open drained it out and then lanced it and gave me antibiotics. Well all that it healed up, couple months later I started getting them on my arm pits I thought it was from this deodorant I was using so I threw it away. I never got them until about a year later them came back on my arm pits and I don't know how to get rid of them, I get multiple at a time. It gets really annoying and they are very painful. I have scars all over my armpits now, till this day I still get them. I have one on my arm pit right now. My doctor told me to put tea tree oil on it but it doesn't really help.

Comment from: cedrick simpson, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 29

I had a boil inside the body the rectum area after I had it lanced, I developed a fever for over a month and a two week period.

Comment from: melissa29, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

I am only 15 years old and I have not been diagnosed with any type of disease for boils. once i had a boil on my butt and i went to the doctor for it. She told me just to keep it clean and it will go away. that was about a year ago now. Now i get boils on my butt and in between my legs near my private region. It is so annoying. It hurts when I sit down and thats all we do in High School. I am obese and my mother says its because my legs are rubbing together. She is probably right. I am trying hard to lose weight but these boils are getting in the way. That time i mentioned before was the only time i went to the doctor for this but it is getting out of hand. Oh yeah, and for some reason, which i don't know, all these boils i get are leaving purple marks and not small ones. I just need some help with this. does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of these things. I was reading all the stuff on this web page about boils and it says that pus forms and you should drain it. I was wondering if there had to be pus. whenever mine pop it is hardly no pus and mostly blood. Is this a huge problem?

Boils - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your boils?
Boils - Causes Question: Has a boil ever become infected? If so, what was the outcome?
Boils - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with boils.