Patient Comments: Blood in Urine - Causes

What was the cause of blood in your urine?

Comment from: Marie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I have been having microscopic blood in my urine for 5 years now. Also, I have been having bladder problems. I been having frequent urges to urinate, leakage, and muscle spasms when I urinate. The doctor gave me a prescription for oxybutynin. The urologist scheduled for me to get a CAT scan and a cytology test two weeks later. I am afraid that I might have bladder cancer.

Comment from: beeran, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 23

I have recurrent kidney stones. Most of the time it gets out urinated. For one I had a lithotripsy. Now in the test I have noticed RBC 4-8 in the urine for the last 20 days and the prostate is slightly enlarged. Doctor prescribed tamsulosin 0.4 mg tablet. Till now there is blood in urine.

Comment from: Fasterthanever, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I found blood in my urine this morning when I went to the restroom. The second and third episodes got lighter, the fourth episode it almost disappeared. And I don't see blood in urine any more. I did kind of feel a tiny bit light headed, at least half of the day. Other than that I don't feel anything else. I do work out 2 to 3 times a week, mostly twice a week; kind of heavyweight lifting. I've been doing this for close to 30 years. I wonder if working out has anything to do with it. To name a few, dumbbell bench press at 90 pounds, shoulder press 60 pounds dumbbell, the squats and dead lifts are much, much lighter weights, free weights.

Comment from: Dino, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 28

My urine showed blood in it after taking 2 doses of Aleve to relieve strained muscles three days ago. On the warning, which I should have read prior to taking them, it states that you may experience stomach bleeding it you have any of 7 or 8 different conditions. I have 5 of them including being over 60. I am drinking at least 64 oz. of water per day.

Comment from: sparky, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 24

I had greenlight procedure done on 2/12/15. I'm bleeding on and off while urinating. I quit beer, coffee and anything else that would irritate the bladder, urethra, etc.

Comment from: Chrissy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I have been unsteady with balance issues and dizziness after having shingles 18 months ago. My blood pressure is high, 151/70 and my kidney function is not the best. I also have Alagille syndrome. I have just been bleeding into the bladder for 18 hours, it is now clear again. There is a little pain but not much.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 18

Recently I have had the urge to urinate at night but I am unable to relieve myself. I have seen a urologist and when I do go I do empty my bladder. I have no problem going during the day but at night it's near impossible for me to go.

Comment from: Bob, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I've had minor microhematuria for several years. Since my half-brother died of bladder cancer, the hematuria was very concerning although he had been a heavy smoker. Abdominal CT with contrast and an in-office cystoscopy showed nothing aside from a benign cyst on one kidney. I did have some visible blood when urinating right after the cystoscopy, but my doctor told me that was not unusual. I also have an enlarged prostate and it was moderately painful when he pushed the scope through the prostate. I'm to follow up with my urologist once a year.

Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with blood in urine.
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?