Patient Comments: Blood in Urine - Causes

What was the cause of blood in your urine?

Comment from: Marie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I have been having microscopic blood in my urine for 5 years now. Also, I have been having bladder problems. I been having frequent urges to urinate, leakage, and muscle spasms when I urinate. The doctor gave me a prescription for oxybutynin. The urologist scheduled for me to get a CAT scan and a cytology test two weeks later. I am afraid that I might have bladder cancer.

Comment from: beeran, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 23

I have recurrent kidney stones. Most of the time it gets out urinated. For one I had a lithotripsy. Now in the test I have noticed RBC 4-8 in the urine for the last 20 days and the prostate is slightly enlarged. Doctor prescribed tamsulosin 0.4 mg tablet. Till now there is blood in urine.

Comment from: Fasterthanever, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I found blood in my urine this morning when I went to the restroom. The second and third episodes got lighter, the fourth episode it almost disappeared. And I don't see blood in urine any more. I did kind of feel a tiny bit light headed, at least half of the day. Other than that I don't feel anything else. I do work out 2 to 3 times a week, mostly twice a week; kind of heavyweight lifting. I've been doing this for close to 30 years. I wonder if working out has anything to do with it. To name a few, dumbbell bench press at 90 pounds, shoulder press 60 pounds dumbbell, the squats and dead lifts are much, much lighter weights, free weights.

Comment from: Dino, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 28

My urine showed blood in it after taking 2 doses of Aleve to relieve strained muscles three days ago. On the warning, which I should have read prior to taking them, it states that you may experience stomach bleeding it you have any of 7 or 8 different conditions. I have 5 of them including being over 60. I am drinking at least 64 oz. of water per day.

Comment from: sparky, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 24

I had greenlight procedure done on 2/12/15. I'm bleeding on and off while urinating. I quit beer, coffee and anything else that would irritate the bladder, urethra, etc.

Comment from: Sandy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I've seen some posts that described back pains with blood in urine. A few years ago I was experiencing back pain in the kidney area so severe it had me screaming. It came when I was lying down. I had to sleep in a recliner. And as fast as the pain came, it subsided quickly too. Urologist asked about medications. He immediately knew what the problem was. I had recently taken strong antibiotics. It had killed all the good bacteria in my kidney. We need that bacteria. If you take antibiotics, eating yogurt with live cultures will keep those good bacteria working for you. Never had a baby, but sure that pain came close. Horrible.

Comment from: Chrissy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I have been unsteady with balance issues and dizziness after having shingles 18 months ago. My blood pressure is high, 151/70 and my kidney function is not the best. I also have Alagille syndrome. I have just been bleeding into the bladder for 18 hours, it is now clear again. There is a little pain but not much.

Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with blood in urine.
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?