Patient Comments: Blood in Urine - Causes

What was the cause of blood in your urine?

Comment from: beeran, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 23

I have recurrent kidney stones. Most of the time it gets out urinated. For one I had a lithotripsy. Now in the test I have noticed RBC 4-8 in the urine for the last 20 days and the prostate is slightly enlarged. Doctor prescribed tamsulosin 0.4 mg tablet. Till now there is blood in urine.

Comment from: Fasterthanever, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I found blood in my urine this morning when I went to the restroom. The second and third episodes got lighter, the fourth episode it almost disappeared. And I don't see blood in urine any more. I did kind of feel a tiny bit light headed, at least half of the day. Other than that I don't feel anything else. I do work out 2 to 3 times a week, mostly twice a week; kind of heavyweight lifting. I've been doing this for close to 30 years. I wonder if working out has anything to do with it. To name a few, dumbbell bench press at 90 pounds, shoulder press 60 pounds dumbbell, the squats and dead lifts are much, much lighter weights, free weights.

Comment from: Dino, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 28

My urine showed blood in it after taking 2 doses of Aleve to relieve strained muscles three days ago. On the warning, which I should have read prior to taking them, it states that you may experience stomach bleeding it you have any of 7 or 8 different conditions. I have 5 of them including being over 60. I am drinking at least 64 oz. of water per day.

Comment from: sparky, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 24

I had greenlight procedure done on 2/12/15. I'm bleeding on and off while urinating. I quit beer, coffee and anything else that would irritate the bladder, urethra, etc.

Comment from: Bob, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I've had minor microhematuria for several years. Since my half-brother died of bladder cancer, the hematuria was very concerning although he had been a heavy smoker. Abdominal CT with contrast and an in-office cystoscopy showed nothing aside from a benign cyst on one kidney. I did have some visible blood when urinating right after the cystoscopy, but my doctor told me that was not unusual. I also have an enlarged prostate and it was moderately painful when he pushed the scope through the prostate. I'm to follow up with my urologist once a year.

Comment from: C.Bozich, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I was just concerned because I have had several urinary tract infections in the past. They have even on occasion gone into the bloodstream. Today however, it scared me. It began with a little pale flow. Then within a half hour it was really heavy. As if having a period. I had a pad on and needed to change in a matter of minutes. It began when I felt a quick urge to go. But when I sat down the flow quit. When I got off the toilet, within minutes it began flowing again. In an hour I used up a maxi pad.

Comment from: stevo, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 16

I had a prostate biopsy 10 days ago and I am noticing 2 to 3 drops of blood at least once a day, at the very end of urinating. This started a few days ago. I did not have any blood in my urine or bowel after the procedure. I am taking Flomax and Vesicare every other day. I will call my urologist for possible explanation. I am waiting for 2nd opinion on biopsy, 1st report was not clear or conclusive.

Comment from: still kicking, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 18

After mowing my lawn with a riding mower about 2 months ago, I had a lot of blood in my urine, evidenced by a bright red urine. This lasted for 2 days and finally cleared up. The urine was normal for the next 2 months until I mowed yesterday. There was blood in the urine again! I suspect possible tumor(s) in the bladder as I also have trouble urinating at times or feel the need to urinate, going several times at night. Prostate has been cleared as a problem. The urologist is going to do a cystogram next month, so I'll learn more then.

Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with blood in urine.
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?