Patient Comments: Blood in Urine - Causes

What was the cause of blood in your urine?

Comment from: gto Bob, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 12

I had seed implants for early stage prostate cancer 25 months ago. I started to see occasional clots and blood in urine and I also had a burning during urination.

Comment from: perplexed, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 27

My doctor told me I had a trace of blood in my urine in 1987. He said not to worry about it. It has been 25 years and I still have a trace of blood in my urine. I have it checked periodically and it is always there. I have a different doctor now, but he said that if I've had it that long, that it was probably normal for me. I guess I'm still questioning if it's normal or not. I have no side effects. I have been told that my bladder is shaped like a bow tie and has been that way most likely since birth. I've always wondered if that had anything to do with ti.

Comment from: EEBgirl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I discovered blood in my urine after taking OTC diet pills.

Comment from: Kitty, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

My doctor said I have a suspected kidney infection.

Comment from: john, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

My doctor told me that I had blood in my urine because I was dehydrated.

Comment from: Jio, Female (Patient) Published: October 25

A urinary tract infection was the cause of blood in my urine.

Comment from: Sylvette, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

Blood in my urine is always a sign that i am passing more kidney stones. I first started to pass renal calculi at age 19. I visited the ER multiple times over the next several years, always with bloody urine and unbearable flank pain. Now at age 37, when I see pinkish urine, I know I need to follow my diet more closely (to prevent the calcium/oxalate combo). I also take in more citrate, like lemons in my water. This has helped tremendously. My condition is genetic but controllable to a certain extent. Docs say I have "gravel pits" in my kidneys (ha ha), lots of tiny stones. Thanks to Dad and Papa for the rocks!

Comment from: Dittobabe, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I fell off a wrought iron chair that hit me in the vaginal area.

Comment from: felicity, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

I have had bleeding which has increased in frequency over the past 6 months. I initially thought that I was getting vaginal spotting and that intercourse was bringing on my period. I saw a gyno who has done tests which appear normal for the end of cervix and vagina and now wants to have a look in the uterus for any abnormalities. My doctor has not done any tests of my urinary tract and I wonder now that this is where the blood is from as I get it every day with urination only. I havent had any blood with sex but I am getting bleeding daily with urination. I am very scared now because the amount of blood that I have had during sex is a lot and now I that I think it is from bladder or kidneys this scares me to think that it is probably bladder cancer or kidney cancer. My mother has only one kidney so there is a history in the family.

Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with blood in urine.
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?