Patient Comments: Blood in Urine - Causes

What was the cause of blood in your urine?

Comment from: Annalisa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I have had ongoing UTI infections for the last couple of years with microscopic hematura. I was diagnosed with a kidney stone and unknown mass by way of ct-scan and x-ray. The stone was soft and disintegrated during the utererscopy; while the probe has identified that I have some sort of kidney cancer.

Comment from: nuthutres, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

I have been diagnosed with "high levels of blood in my urine" for more than 10 years now. I've had all the above mentioned tests and no one can find a cause for this. I do know I have very high uncontrolled blood pressure. My Nephrologist doesn't seem concerned.

Comment from: greta, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I have blood in my urine after my husband and I perform sexual intercourse.

Comment from: lili, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I woke up 1 day before with pain in left side of my belly, next day when I was going to the toilet my urine was burning a little bit and I kept going in toilet all day long unusual for me. Next day I woke up and was in more pain, and the urine is darker and when I cleaned myself there was some pink blood in the tissue, and my belly feels like I'm full and I'm not hungry, I never have been in pain like this so this is strange for me. I'm only 22 years old.

Comment from: 65-74 Male Published: February 08

My husband when he urinates has reddish urine most times and I have also seen clots in the toilet bowl after he urinates but he will not talk to me or a doctor. This has been going on for at least 6-8months. Any suggestions as what I can do to get him to have this checked. I know he is basically afraid.

Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with blood in urine.