Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: Flash, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I had gross hematuria this morning; bright red blood with some clots. By the time I went to the urgent care, hematuria was only microscopic. No infection was found. I was never very susceptible to urinary tract infections anyway. I had maybe two in my life and the last one was over 15 years ago. No Pain, no other symptoms. The doctor wants me to have a CT scan to check for kidney stones, but wouldn't I be in pain if that was the cause! Guess I'll have the scan and find out what's going on.

Comment from: Ihadcancer, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I take 2 full strength daily aspirin to prevent recurrence of stage IV cancer for 7 1/2 years now. Recently I have had pale pink urine on 4 occasions. The doctor believes the aspirin is the cause but tests are ordered.

Comment from: tacata, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 27

For a year I've been having urological issues. After cystoscopy, blood work and rectal exams and even a CT scan and PSA test, I was told no cancer. I've been having infections on and off the last few months. A few days ago I did not go to the bathroom for a few hours, went to urinate and I passed urine brown with blood. Tomorrow, I am getting my annual blood and urine work done. I hope for the best.

Comment from: Maria, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I have been having blood in urine for years and urinary tract infections. But three weeks ago I had to urinate every thirty minutes at night. After five miserable painful days I finally was given Keflex. I got better but now I have pain in left kidney and was up all night again. I think it is much more than urinary tract infection. I am seeing the urologist and having ultrasound soon. Really tired of feeling awful.

Comment from: ralph, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 06

I am 80 so as one can imagine have an enlarged prostate. Six days ago in the morning I had bright red blood in my urine; none since then. I am waiting to see if it happens again.

Comment from: allenmad12, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 28

I have fairly heavy fresh blood from penis, even when not urinating. I also have swelling in my legs.

Comment from: david, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 21

My husband is 73. When he urinates he bleeds once in a while. He just had a urine test 1 week ago, everything was fine, and no urinary tract infection. I am not sure what causes this bleeding, this is the third time he had since last month. I wonder if I should take him to the doctor.

Comment from: Ryan, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 01

I have had blood in my urine for almost a week. Urine looks like fruit punch most of the time. Blood work was fine, except creatinine was 4 times higher than normal. I am waiting for specialized urine tests. I also have blood in my stool. Prostate is ok. No symptoms, no pain in back, blood pressure is 110/78, and no pain when urinating. Gastrointestinal specialist scheduled in a week, no urologist scheduled yet.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?