Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: Clem, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I have had two of three drops of blood in my first urination of the day (after lying down for several hours), this has been on and off for several months. The only other time a drop or two of blood mixed with urine escapes my urine is if I am constipated and push. My feeling is that my enlarged prostate is the culprit, 8.6 on my last PSA, but my 24 section biopsy was clean. My urologist never heard of only the first drop in the morning urine having blood, the rest of the day shows no sign of blood. Anyone with a similar situation who got a clear answer, I"d love to hear from.

Comment from: designrox1103, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I was diagnosed with uterine cancer in March of 2012, and in July 2012 I underwent a total hysterectomy performed laparoscopic/vaginally. Recovery went well. In March 2014, I developed an intense urgency to urinate, passed small amounts of urine, clearly red and at times with clots. On Sunday, three hours of these symptoms came and went, Monday I had no symptoms, Tuesday, frequent urgency, Wednesday awakening with urgency, and a constant cycle of going to urinate every five minutes, lots of red blood with a clot or two. It"s been 90 minutes of this cycle thus far this morning. My general physician is away. My concern is a recurrence of cancer.

Comment from: rafael ibarra, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I went to my doctor to get my lab results and he said I have a trace of blood in my urine. He said on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being the highest blood in the urine, I had a 5. I"m going back to take another urine test to rule out kidney stones, lumps in my kidneys or cancer.

Comment from: enkay, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I have blood in my urine for the last 15 days. I have no pain whatsoever. Ultrasound of kidney and bladder is negative. CT scan of kidney and bladder also is negative. I am waiting for interpretation of CT scan with contrast and another blood test. The urologist noticed 2 surgical staples left over from a previous surgery in the groin area. I don't know if that could have caused the issue but highly unlikely. Fingers crossed until a second visit to the urologist next week. If nothing is found, cystoscopy is needed, I believe. Sigh... I hope they find the root cause so it can be addressed.

Comment from: Deb Bourcy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I have had a lot of UTIs (urinary tract infections) throughout my younger ages and a lot in my 40s. I have never had a CAT scan to see exactly what is creating these issues. I am worried for having had so many and worsening with not having all procedures done is concerning. Sex would 88% of the time give me an infection. This one here and now came on fast and furious. My low back was achy but I have had low back surgery years ago sometimes I overdo creating achy low back. Today I went to use the room, I had terrible pain and small amount of urine with blood clots and blood dripping as I sat there cringing from pain. I have been informed taking soaking-in baths which I no longer do, can create UTI. I am a very clean woman and take no soaking baths. I feel often my bladder is not emptied creating more trips to the room, but to create blood clotting, dripping blood and the terrible pain while eliminating the urine, I do not know if that creates all this pain and suffering. I am appalled I have not ever had all the testing. I will now that I have more knowledge. Problem is if one is not aware of full protocol and treated the same each time from my first one as young teen to Dec 2013 infection, which must not have cleared, for a month later here I am. Doctors must inform and follow through protocol whether it's first UTI and for sure a given for one as myself who has had far too many. Also considering I have eliminated sex as creator, the bath soaking or bathing in tub at all eliminated, clean front to back, but this is still problem. I have been informed some are more susceptible than others. I want an answer as approaching 60 now, I am very concerned.

Comment from: Boiler, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I just went to the bathroom and noticed blood in urine. I noticed penis opening had blood in it.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?