Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: jar, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 19

My son has type 1 diabetes, high protein in his urine, and now has gross hematuria. All tests have been negative, and now they want to do a scope, and a kidney biopsy. I wonder if it could be caused by risperidone which he started taking about a year ago and this blood only started showing up about 6 months ago. Nothing else has changed!

Comment from: Clem, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I have had two of three drops of blood in my first urination of the day (after lying down for several hours), this has been on and off for several months. The only other time a drop or two of blood mixed with urine escapes my urine is if I am constipated and push. My feeling is that my enlarged prostate is the culprit, 8.6 on my last PSA, but my 24 section biopsy was clean. My urologist never heard of only the first drop in the morning urine having blood, the rest of the day shows no sign of blood. Anyone with a similar situation who got a clear answer, I"d love to hear from.

Comment from: designrox1103, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I was diagnosed with uterine cancer in March of 2012, and in July 2012 I underwent a total hysterectomy performed laparoscopic/vaginally. Recovery went well. In March 2014, I developed an intense urgency to urinate, passed small amounts of urine, clearly red and at times with clots. On Sunday, three hours of these symptoms came and went, Monday I had no symptoms, Tuesday, frequent urgency, Wednesday awakening with urgency, and a constant cycle of going to urinate every five minutes, lots of red blood with a clot or two. It"s been 90 minutes of this cycle thus far this morning. My general physician is away. My concern is a recurrence of cancer.

Comment from: rafael ibarra, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I went to my doctor to get my lab results and he said I have a trace of blood in my urine. He said on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being the highest blood in the urine, I had a 5. I"m going back to take another urine test to rule out kidney stones, lumps in my kidneys or cancer.

Comment from: enkay, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I have blood in my urine for the last 15 days. I have no pain whatsoever. Ultrasound of kidney and bladder is negative. CT scan of kidney and bladder also is negative. I am waiting for interpretation of CT scan with contrast and another blood test. The urologist noticed 2 surgical staples left over from a previous surgery in the groin area. I don't know if that could have caused the issue but highly unlikely. Fingers crossed until a second visit to the urologist next week. If nothing is found, cystoscopy is needed, I believe. Sigh... I hope they find the root cause so it can be addressed.

Comment from: Boiler, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I just went to the bathroom and noticed blood in urine. I noticed penis opening had blood in it.

Comment from: t, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I have been having frequent urges to urinate and when I do I see blood in the toilet, and when I wipe, however I am seeing no sign of blood or discharge in my underwear, only when I urinate.

Comment from: paris27, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have polycystic disease. I've been told I am at stage 5 with kidney failure. I am not on dialysis at the moment and I have blood in my urine now.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?