Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: samkim, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: July 18

My Dad has blood in urine and is having trouble with clots causing blockage and some pain. He's on antibiotics but would like to know if there's something to help the blockage.

Comment from: Penny, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and had blood in my urine yesterday. I went to the hospital and got blood work done and an ultrasound. The doctors said that it some times happens in your first weeks of being pregnant as everything came back normal. I hope this is correct.

Comment from: ray, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I have experience blood In mu urine for about two weeks . As of yet i don't have any pain.

Comment from: Krishnendu, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 17

Me suffering with hemturia for last 4 years with no positive/ effective results, supposed for inguinal hernia or enlarged prostate glands. How can I be correctly diagnosed & medication?

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I am two weeks post-op for a "simple" procedure -- a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, D&C and ovarian drilling. I am now in more pain than I was before and no doctor will see me. I went to the walk in clinic and they found blood in my urine and no sign of infection. I'm not sure what to think.

Comment from: athenarulz, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I am supposed to be donating my kidney next week. During my pre-admission testing, they found blood in my urine. Now I'm freaking out, because I don't want them to cancel or postpone the surgery and I have no clue why there's blood in my urine.

Published: May 09

If I don't drink water in a six-hour period, I get blood in my urine. When I drink lots of water, my urine gets transparent.

Comment from: stew5912, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 18

I've had blood in my urine for about a year, but there's no pain.

Comment from: k8+++, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

Every time I go to a doctor for a urine sample, I have a lot of blood in my urine. At least 20 times over the last 5 years I have had severe abdominal pain and nausea that the doctors say could be kidney stones. Seen urologist who reckons it's not kidney stones. Kind of confusedjust waiting on a cystoscopy to find out what is wrong with me! Hopefully, I will find out soon.

Comment from: tuck, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 02

I take blood pressure medication and cholesterol medication as well as medication for rheumatoid arthritis. I took fish oil capsules and found blood in my urine. I ate dark chocolate and found blood in my urine. Now I took aspirin for 3 days and found blood in my urine for almost a week, and after some urine blooding it appears that a clog comes out.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?