Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: Maria, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I have been told by my doctor that I have blood in my urine; since then and no other action on his side. I have noticed the blood is brown; it is in my urine and since I use light pads for a leaky bladder, I notice when I cough and urinate the brown spot is left on the pad, so it is blood. I am also having a pain on my lower left side of the pubic area, just below and to the side a bit off the mound that is always sore. And sometimes laying still at night I feel a slight bubbly feeling in that area; like air is escaping or something. Pain is always there on my left side pelvic area approximately 2 inches to the left of my urethra (where I urinate from).

Comment from: Heidi F., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I am a 61 year old female who has been menopausal for the past 8 years. For the last 2 weeks, I have been noticing increasing amounts of blood in my urine which is now red-brown. I also have a very bloated abdomen and feel pressure in my lower abdomen mostly on the left side. My doctor did a urine test and has ruled out a UTI (urinary tract infection). Years prior to menopause, I suffered from painful endometriosis and had laser surgery. I am wondering if my endometriosis could be active again. I do not take any estrogen or hormone replacement therapy.

Comment from: BLES, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

In the doctor's office, I offered a 'by the way, I have this pain' after describing my orginal reason for seeing the dr. in the first place. I've had a soft, tender spot just above my waist on the left side, but could not necessary feel a lump. They did. They took a urine sample and found blood in the urine. Now I wait - for an ultrasound & more in depth blood work. I cannot see blood in my urine, nor do I have pain when urinating. Thank goodness for thorough doctors!

Comment from: Mr. Hippy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

Hello. I am 50 years old, 4 weeks post-op from hip replacement surgery, and I have recently have several incidents of blood in my urine, always at night. My urine comes out normally for the most part but once in a while I have a very brief burning sensation and then I pass just a little bit of bright red blood. I just had a full pre-op physical exam and my prostate was normal (digital exam). I don't seem to have any other pronounced symptoms (fever, chills, pain in kidneys, etc.) I have been experiencing frequent night-time urination (4-5 times per night) although the blood has only appeared 2 or 3 times. I am currently taking coumadin on a daily basis and hydrocodone/APAP for pain, as needed. Your thoughts woulkd be much appreciated.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I had a seemingly large amount of blood in my urine, and my urologist said that visible amounts of blood in the urine IS cause for attention. An exam revealed quickly what would be classified as a non-aggressive tumor that is easily removed. I had no pains or unusual urination symptoms, just blood clots and red urine.

Comment from: John, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 01

The last two urinations, before bed, I had urine with bright red blood. First urination, the next morning, it was reddish brown. Reddish color diminished during that day, and was clear by that night. I had only one other time, a couple of years ago, when my urine was reddish brown, but only in one urination.

Comment from: shahid, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 21

Yesterday when I was sitting in the toilet in the evening time, I saw l 3 or 4 drops of blood in my urine. I am very worried about how I can afford my treatment cost. I am not earning that much and I fear that I might lose my life with this problem if I do not get and treatment. I am also a high blood pressure patient.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?