Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Published: June 25

I have a complete duplex system on one side of my kidneys. For the past 14 months I have had constant blood in my urine, sometimes it's visible to the naked eye and other times it is only visible microscopically. No infection is found.

Published: June 19

My son is only eight; he has had a significant amount of blood and protein in his urine for over five weeks. He has been through two ultrasounds, a CT scan, and lots of blood work. He has moderate lower abdominal pain that comes and goes and he has been complaining of vision problems. He has seen four doctors and is scheduled for two more. Still no diagnosis.

Published: June 18

I am a 51 year old male, after working outside all day, when I get home and go to bathroom my urine has a bright red tint to it.

Published: June 17

I have had burning and pain on urination for a week. Treated with ABX and Pyridium the symptoms persisted. Yesterday, I put a warm wash cloth on the area of relief and bright red blood was on the cloth.

Published: June 17

I had a very big discharge of blood and brown mush. In afternoon I felt shivery/funny/dizzy. At 18.00 I noticed slight burning when urinating, but the urine was clear and pale as normal. Pain got worse but at 23.30 bed time urine was still clear and normal. In bed I felt very uncomfortable between my legs and made several trips to bathroom to see if I needed to pass a stool but didn't. At 23.50 I urinated bright pink with blood clots. At 23.55 I urinated bright pink with a lot of brown mushy bits and blood clots. While waiting for ambulance and in A&E I urinated about 15 times with the same pink urine, diminishing amount of brown mush and blood clots. Doctor examined me and diagnoses urine infection and gave me Trimethoprim. Bye 06.00 urine was clear and faint brown. By 09.00 it was clear and pale yellow. At 10.00 it was back to normal clear. The whole episode took just about 15/16 hours but the quantity of blood and brown mush was terrifying.

Published: June 13

What might cause a female to have no bladder control since cystoscopy performed over 7 months ago? No causes for hematuria found during procedure. No prior incontinence problems.

Published: June 13

At the end of April I was hospitalized for 4 days diagnosed with pancreatitis, with no cause being determined after 7 weeks. Two weeks before my attack, I noticed that my urine was a different color more golden or brighter yellow, this still is occurring. And I have noticed that bubbles and particles seem to be noticeable. I had on urinalysis done when I entered the emergency room which showed color being cloudy, trace of Leuk Esterase, few bacteria and epithelial cell result 5-10 squamous ( I don't know what this means)Last week I asked the Doctor for another urinalysis and a sensitivity and culture, I do not know the results yet. I am wondering if kidney stones are a possibility, could this have caused the pancreatitis if a stone or stones are logged or still passing.

Published: June 09

I am a 27 year old man. I have had burning sensation while urinating since few months. I woke up one morning and went to the toilet for urinating. I had some more burning this time but at the end blood came out. I am quite shocked and scared to find the results.

Published: June 06

I'm a 17 year old female. I've had a strange pressure and pain in that area for the last two days and have had small visible amounts of blood with my urine. I had nausea and vomiting a week ago and have been extremely cold and unable to stay warm. I also feel like I want to go to the bathroom all the time even though I have been avoiding fluids and most foods.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?