Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: Mr. Hippy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

Hello. I am 50 years old, 4 weeks post-op from hip replacement surgery, and I have recently have several incidents of blood in my urine, always at night. My urine comes out normally for the most part but once in a while I have a very brief burning sensation and then I pass just a little bit of bright red blood. I just had a full pre-op physical exam and my prostate was normal (digital exam). I don't seem to have any other pronounced symptoms (fever, chills, pain in kidneys, etc.) I have been experiencing frequent night-time urination (4-5 times per night) although the blood has only appeared 2 or 3 times. I am currently taking coumadin on a daily basis and hydrocodone/APAP for pain, as needed. Your thoughts woulkd be much appreciated.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I had a seemingly large amount of blood in my urine, and my urologist said that visible amounts of blood in the urine IS cause for attention. An exam revealed quickly what would be classified as a non-aggressive tumor that is easily removed. I had no pains or unusual urination symptoms, just blood clots and red urine.

Comment from: Michael, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 19

I just went to urinate tonight and saw drops of blood in the urine at the end. There's even blood at the tip of my penis. Every time I went earlier today, it was normal.

Comment from: ah0099183s, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

I have been experiencing some lower groin pain with trace blood in my urine. I have checked it 3 times in the past week each time having blood in my urine. Today I am experiencing mild flank pain.

Comment from: t, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I have been having frequent urges to urinate and when I do I see blood in the toilet, and when I wipe, however I am seeing no sign of blood or discharge in my underwear, only when I urinate.

Comment from: paris27, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have polycystic disease. I've been told I am at stage 5 with kidney failure. I am not on dialysis at the moment and I have blood in my urine now.

Comment from: Amir, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 30

I hadn't had any problem like this in my entire life and suddenly one morning I noticed my stool was abnormally reddish, so I got scared and started digging through the web for about an hour just to make me more frightened. Then I went to check my urine, to my surprise my urine was also red. You could imagine the state I was in. It was not until an hour later that I realized I had "beetroot" the night before. So I gave it a shot and looked for it online. I turned out to be right, eating beetroot does occasionally make your urine and stool turn red. Some more research on this matter (from other sources) revealed that eating Vicia faba may also cause this unexpected symptom. What a relief...

Comment from: TheMightyQuinn, 55-64 Male Published: September 28

09/26/09 approximately 1:15 PM, I stopped at a gas station to use the facilities. While urinating I noticed a couple of bloody "pieces" exit penis followed by blood-tinted urine. No pain there or elsewhere. My next trip to the restroom was about three hours later and everything was normal.

Published: September 25

I have had spotting and blood in my urine on and off for one week. I have had a dull pain in my lower left side next to my pubic area. I'm 52, and my period has always been every 28 days. This time it was barely there but still lasted for five days. I am being treated with Bactrim while waiting for test results.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?