Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: hugginduff, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I get lots of blood in my urine, like a tablespoonful several times over the last month. I don't have any pain or fever or any of the other symptoms that I have found.

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

My urine is bright red with blood. I also have an urgency to urinate that is awful, but not painful.

Comment from: samkim, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: July 18

My Dad has blood in urine and is having trouble with clots causing blockage and some pain. He's on antibiotics but would like to know if there's something to help the blockage.

Comment from: ray, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I have experience blood In mu urine for about two weeks . As of yet i don't have any pain.

Comment from: Krishnendu, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 17

Me suffering with hemturia for last 4 years with no positive/ effective results, supposed for inguinal hernia or enlarged prostate glands. How can I be correctly diagnosed & medication?

Comment from: athenarulz, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I am supposed to be donating my kidney next week. During my pre-admission testing, they found blood in my urine. Now I'm freaking out, because I don't want them to cancel or postpone the surgery and I have no clue why there's blood in my urine.

Published: May 09

If I don't drink water in a six-hour period, I get blood in my urine. When I drink lots of water, my urine gets transparent.

Published: July 07

I am 28 years old and have been drinking heavily for approx. 12 years. I wet the bed fairly often involuntarily after having drank heavily, and the other morning I woke to discover noticeable blood in my urine. What could cause this? I have no money, no job, and can't afford to have it checked out right now. Could it be effects of drinking for years, like a kidney or liver problem? Other than my drinking problem, I consider myself healthy, with very rare illness.

Published: July 01

Blood showed up in my urine suddenly this Saturday morning. There were no warnings and no symptoms. It has been there continually throughout the day, whenever I urinate. I'm on Coumadin, and I think I've been prescribed an excessive amount. I plan to have a ProTime test Monday and then talk to my cardiologist. The next step would be a visit to a urologist, but I have a strong hunch that blood thinning is the cause.

Published: June 25

I regularly have blood in my urine, although it is not seen with the naked eye. It is diagnosed when I have a physical, admitted to hospital for other things, etc. I have been to a urologist a few years ago, and they said nothing was wrong at that time, but it continues.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?