Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: Amir, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 30

I hadn't had any problem like this in my entire life and suddenly one morning I noticed my stool was abnormally reddish, so I got scared and started digging through the web for about an hour just to make me more frightened. Then I went to check my urine, to my surprise my urine was also red. You could imagine the state I was in. It was not until an hour later that I realized I had "beetroot" the night before. So I gave it a shot and looked for it online. I turned out to be right, eating beetroot does occasionally make your urine and stool turn red. Some more research on this matter (from other sources) revealed that eating Vicia faba may also cause this unexpected symptom. What a relief...

Comment from: TheMightyQuinn, 55-64 Male Published: September 28

09/26/09 approximately 1:15 PM, I stopped at a gas station to use the facilities. While urinating I noticed a couple of bloody "pieces" exit penis followed by blood-tinted urine. No pain there or elsewhere. My next trip to the restroom was about three hours later and everything was normal.

Published: September 25

I have had spotting and blood in my urine on and off for one week. I have had a dull pain in my lower left side next to my pubic area. I'm 52, and my period has always been every 28 days. This time it was barely there but still lasted for five days. I am being treated with Bactrim while waiting for test results.

Comment from: slmldy00@aol.com, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 17

My husband has had blood in his urine for about 20 years now. A long time ago, he had all the tests done, but they could not find the reason for the blood in his urine. He still has blood in his urine, but now he has new doctors and they would like to run more tests. He is 46 now.

Comment from: mack, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

I have noticed that after sex when I go to the bathroom I notice a red tint to my urine.

Comment from: Lynda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have occasional blood in my urine, usually lasting about 24 hours every few months and have no other symptoms.

Comment from: claudia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I have blood in my urine that is very visible on my first urination in the morning. I have a history of kidney stones. I just went to my urologist and there was only a trace of blood at that time.

Comment from: Sarah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I have blood tinged urine. This is the second time in four months I am negative for bladder infection.

Comment from: hugginduff, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I get lots of blood in my urine, like a tablespoonful several times over the last month. I don't have any pain or fever or any of the other symptoms that I have found.

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

My urine is bright red with blood. I also have an urgency to urinate that is awful, but not painful.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?