Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: rafael ibarra, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I went to my doctor to get my lab results and he said I have a trace of blood in my urine. He said on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being the highest blood in the urine, I had a 5. I"m going back to take another urine test to rule out kidney stones, lumps in my kidneys or cancer.

Comment from: enkay, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I have blood in my urine for the last 15 days. I have no pain whatsoever. Ultrasound of kidney and bladder is negative. CT scan of kidney and bladder also is negative. I am waiting for interpretation of CT scan with contrast and another blood test. The urologist noticed 2 surgical staples left over from a previous surgery in the groin area. I don't know if that could have caused the issue but highly unlikely. Fingers crossed until a second visit to the urologist next week. If nothing is found, cystoscopy is needed, I believe. Sigh... I hope they find the root cause so it can be addressed.

Comment from: Deb Bourcy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I have had a lot of UTIs (urinary tract infections) throughout my younger ages and a lot in my 40s. I have never had a CAT scan to see exactly what is creating these issues. I am worried for having had so many and worsening with not having all procedures done is concerning. Sex would 88% of the time give me an infection. This one here and now came on fast and furious. My low back was achy but I have had low back surgery years ago sometimes I overdo creating achy low back. Today I went to use the room, I had terrible pain and small amount of urine with blood clots and blood dripping as I sat there cringing from pain. I have been informed taking soaking-in baths which I no longer do, can create UTI. I am a very clean woman and take no soaking baths. I feel often my bladder is not emptied creating more trips to the room, but to create blood clotting, dripping blood and the terrible pain while eliminating the urine, I do not know if that creates all this pain and suffering. I am appalled I have not ever had all the testing. I will now that I have more knowledge. Problem is if one is not aware of full protocol and treated the same each time from my first one as young teen to Dec 2013 infection, which must not have cleared, for a month later here I am. Doctors must inform and follow through protocol whether it's first UTI and for sure a given for one as myself who has had far too many. Also considering I have eliminated sex as creator, the bath soaking or bathing in tub at all eliminated, clean front to back, but this is still problem. I have been informed some are more susceptible than others. I want an answer as approaching 60 now, I am very concerned.

Comment from: Maria, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I have been told by my doctor that I have blood in my urine; since then and no other action on his side. I have noticed the blood is brown; it is in my urine and since I use light pads for a leaky bladder, I notice when I cough and urinate the brown spot is left on the pad, so it is blood. I am also having a pain on my lower left side of the pubic area, just below and to the side a bit off the mound that is always sore. And sometimes laying still at night I feel a slight bubbly feeling in that area; like air is escaping or something. Pain is always there on my left side pelvic area approximately 2 inches to the left of my urethra (where I urinate from).

Comment from: Heidi F., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I am a 61 year old female who has been menopausal for the past 8 years. For the last 2 weeks, I have been noticing increasing amounts of blood in my urine which is now red-brown. I also have a very bloated abdomen and feel pressure in my lower abdomen mostly on the left side. My doctor did a urine test and has ruled out a UTI (urinary tract infection). Years prior to menopause, I suffered from painful endometriosis and had laser surgery. I am wondering if my endometriosis could be active again. I do not take any estrogen or hormone replacement therapy.

Comment from: BLES, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

In the doctor's office, I offered a 'by the way, I have this pain' after describing my orginal reason for seeing the dr. in the first place. I've had a soft, tender spot just above my waist on the left side, but could not necessary feel a lump. They did. They took a urine sample and found blood in the urine. Now I wait - for an ultrasound & more in depth blood work. I cannot see blood in my urine, nor do I have pain when urinating. Thank goodness for thorough doctors!

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?