Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: JoleneS, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I have had blood in the urine more than once and also had CT, ultrasound scan of pelvic and abdomen. I went in today for cystoscopy but it wouldn't go in and it hurt way too much. He tried to dilate me but that didn't work, now they are trying to schedule me for one under anesthesia.

Comment from: joe.l, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

Lately I have been urinating every hour waking up 3 or 4 times during the night. I realized I had urinated blood one night, about few ounces. I urinated one hour later and it was clear, no blood in the urine either before or after that time and it has been few days now.

Comment from: ag, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 18

I first noticed traces of blood in semen and urine about 3 years ago. It went away by itself in a few days. PSA, urine routine and culture showed no abnormality. About 18 months ago it occurred again. And once again PSA, and urine tests showed no significant abnormality. Two months ago I again noticed blood in semen and urine, but this time the intensity was higher. I have undergone KUB ultrasound, uroflowmetry, cystoscopy, biopsy, MRI, x-ray besides the urine tests. The tests indicate slight enlargement of prostate gland, but no other abnormality.

Comment from: elija atuen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

My back aches and then I had a urinalysis. The result was that I had 2 plus blood in my urine and the doctor gave me a pain reliever. After taking the medicine the pain was gone however I feel a little pain when I lay down on bed but when I am walking or standing I don't feel the pain.

Comment from: fl girl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I had blood/mucous on tissue paper, itching and burning with urination but no urgency, urinating normal. I went to urgent care, dipstick of urine was dark, large blood, protein and trace leucocytes.

Comment from: lenaalissa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I had the most excruciating pain when I would urinate. It burned, stung and I felt pressure every time I would void. I noticed when I wiped, there was blood and a blood clot so I freaked out. Every 30 minutes the pain became intense, I started to void every 30 seconds. I went to the doctor and he said I have a urinary tract infection (UTI) that traveled into my bladder and is causing me to bleed. He gave antibiotics for 10 days and pain medications that turn my urine bright orange. So far the pain has decreased and I've been feeling better.

Comment from: jar, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 19

My son has type 1 diabetes, high protein in his urine, and now has gross hematuria. All tests have been negative, and now they want to do a scope, and a kidney biopsy. I wonder if it could be caused by risperidone which he started taking about a year ago and this blood only started showing up about 6 months ago. Nothing else has changed!

Comment from: Clem, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I have had two of three drops of blood in my first urination of the day (after lying down for several hours), this has been on and off for several months. The only other time a drop or two of blood mixed with urine escapes my urine is if I am constipated and push. My feeling is that my enlarged prostate is the culprit, 8.6 on my last PSA, but my 24 section biopsy was clean. My urologist never heard of only the first drop in the morning urine having blood, the rest of the day shows no sign of blood. Anyone with a similar situation who got a clear answer, I"d love to hear from.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?