Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: t, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I have been having frequent urges to urinate and when I do I see blood in the toilet, and when I wipe, however I am seeing no sign of blood or discharge in my underwear, only when I urinate.

Comment from: paris27, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have polycystic disease. I've been told I am at stage 5 with kidney failure. I am not on dialysis at the moment and I have blood in my urine now.

Comment from: Maria, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I have been told by my doctor that I have blood in my urine; since then and no other action on his side. I have noticed the blood is brown; it is in my urine and since I use light pads for a leaky bladder, I notice when I cough and urinate the brown spot is left on the pad, so it is blood. I am also having a pain on my lower left side of the pubic area, just below and to the side a bit off the mound that is always sore. And sometimes laying still at night I feel a slight bubbly feeling in that area; like air is escaping or something. Pain is always there on my left side pelvic area approximately 2 inches to the left of my urethra (where I urinate from).

Comment from: Heidi F., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I am a 61 year old female who has been menopausal for the past 8 years. For the last 2 weeks, I have been noticing increasing amounts of blood in my urine which is now red-brown. I also have a very bloated abdomen and feel pressure in my lower abdomen mostly on the left side. My doctor did a urine test and has ruled out a UTI (urinary tract infection). Years prior to menopause, I suffered from painful endometriosis and had laser surgery. I am wondering if my endometriosis could be active again. I do not take any estrogen or hormone replacement therapy.

Comment from: mack, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

I have noticed that after sex when I go to the bathroom I notice a red tint to my urine.

Comment from: Lynda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have occasional blood in my urine, usually lasting about 24 hours every few months and have no other symptoms.

Comment from: claudia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I have blood in my urine that is very visible on my first urination in the morning. I have a history of kidney stones. I just went to my urologist and there was only a trace of blood at that time.

Comment from: Sarah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I have blood tinged urine. This is the second time in four months I am negative for bladder infection.

Comment from: hugginduff, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I get lots of blood in my urine, like a tablespoonful several times over the last month. I don't have any pain or fever or any of the other symptoms that I have found.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?