Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: Deb Bourcy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I have had a lot of UTIs (urinary tract infections) throughout my younger ages and a lot in my 40s. I have never had a CAT scan to see exactly what is creating these issues. I am worried for having had so many and worsening with not having all procedures done is concerning. Sex would 88% of the time give me an infection. This one here and now came on fast and furious. My low back was achy but I have had low back surgery years ago sometimes I overdo creating achy low back. Today I went to use the room, I had terrible pain and small amount of urine with blood clots and blood dripping as I sat there cringing from pain. I have been informed taking soaking-in baths which I no longer do, can create UTI. I am a very clean woman and take no soaking baths. I feel often my bladder is not emptied creating more trips to the room, but to create blood clotting, dripping blood and the terrible pain while eliminating the urine, I do not know if that creates all this pain and suffering. I am appalled I have not ever had all the testing. I will now that I have more knowledge. Problem is if one is not aware of full protocol and treated the same each time from my first one as young teen to Dec 2013 infection, which must not have cleared, for a month later here I am. Doctors must inform and follow through protocol whether it's first UTI and for sure a given for one as myself who has had far too many. Also considering I have eliminated sex as creator, the bath soaking or bathing in tub at all eliminated, clean front to back, but this is still problem. I have been informed some are more susceptible than others. I want an answer as approaching 60 now, I am very concerned.

Comment from: Maria, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I have been told by my doctor that I have blood in my urine; since then and no other action on his side. I have noticed the blood is brown; it is in my urine and since I use light pads for a leaky bladder, I notice when I cough and urinate the brown spot is left on the pad, so it is blood. I am also having a pain on my lower left side of the pubic area, just below and to the side a bit off the mound that is always sore. And sometimes laying still at night I feel a slight bubbly feeling in that area; like air is escaping or something. Pain is always there on my left side pelvic area approximately 2 inches to the left of my urethra (where I urinate from).

Comment from: Heidi F., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I am a 61 year old female who has been menopausal for the past 8 years. For the last 2 weeks, I have been noticing increasing amounts of blood in my urine which is now red-brown. I also have a very bloated abdomen and feel pressure in my lower abdomen mostly on the left side. My doctor did a urine test and has ruled out a UTI (urinary tract infection). Years prior to menopause, I suffered from painful endometriosis and had laser surgery. I am wondering if my endometriosis could be active again. I do not take any estrogen or hormone replacement therapy.

Comment from: mack, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

I have noticed that after sex when I go to the bathroom I notice a red tint to my urine.

Comment from: Lynda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have occasional blood in my urine, usually lasting about 24 hours every few months and have no other symptoms.

Comment from: claudia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I have blood in my urine that is very visible on my first urination in the morning. I have a history of kidney stones. I just went to my urologist and there was only a trace of blood at that time.

Comment from: Sarah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I have blood tinged urine. This is the second time in four months I am negative for bladder infection.

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?