Patient Comments: Blood In Urine - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in urine.

Comment from: Red Urine 1, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 17

I had a traumatic Wednesday with possibly a significant dehydration. Through till Saturday I needed to work physically hard and did not drink enough water. Sunday I had blood and clots in the urine. My physician saw me on Monday and took blood and urine samples. The tests showed no red blood cells in the urine and no serious pathology with the exception of a slight raised PSA (8.2). I did feel fragile on the Sunday (and shocked). A week later I am fine. I am urinating in bottles. Some samples have a slight odor. The color varies from straw to light yellow. The quantity varies from 100 ml to 200 ml. My physician wants to repeat a digital examination of the prostate and the tests. The first digital did not indicate any abnormalities.

Comment from: JoleneS, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I have had blood in the urine more than once and also had CT, ultrasound scan of pelvic and abdomen. I went in today for cystoscopy but it wouldn't go in and it hurt way too much. He tried to dilate me but that didn't work, now they are trying to schedule me for one under anesthesia.

Comment from: joe.l, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

Lately I have been urinating every hour waking up 3 or 4 times during the night. I realized I had urinated blood one night, about few ounces. I urinated one hour later and it was clear, no blood in the urine either before or after that time and it has been few days now.

Comment from: ag, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 18

I first noticed traces of blood in semen and urine about 3 years ago. It went away by itself in a few days. PSA, urine routine and culture showed no abnormality. About 18 months ago it occurred again. And once again PSA, and urine tests showed no significant abnormality. Two months ago I again noticed blood in semen and urine, but this time the intensity was higher. I have undergone KUB ultrasound, uroflowmetry, cystoscopy, biopsy, MRI, x-ray besides the urine tests. The tests indicate slight enlargement of prostate gland, but no other abnormality.

Comment from: elija atuen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

My back aches and then I had a urinalysis. The result was that I had 2 plus blood in my urine and the doctor gave me a pain reliever. After taking the medicine the pain was gone however I feel a little pain when I lay down on bed but when I am walking or standing I don't feel the pain.

Comment from: fl girl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I had blood/mucous on tissue paper, itching and burning with urination but no urgency, urinating normal. I went to urgent care, dipstick of urine was dark, large blood, protein and trace leucocytes.

Comment from: lenaalissa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I had the most excruciating pain when I would urinate. It burned, stung and I felt pressure every time I would void. I noticed when I wiped, there was blood and a blood clot so I freaked out. Every 30 minutes the pain became intense, I started to void every 30 seconds. I went to the doctor and he said I have a urinary tract infection (UTI) that traveled into my bladder and is causing me to bleed. He gave antibiotics for 10 days and pain medications that turn my urine bright orange. So far the pain has decreased and I've been feeling better.

Comment from: jar, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 19

My son has type 1 diabetes, high protein in his urine, and now has gross hematuria. All tests have been negative, and now they want to do a scope, and a kidney biopsy. I wonder if it could be caused by risperidone which he started taking about a year ago and this blood only started showing up about 6 months ago. Nothing else has changed!

Blood in Urine - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your urine?
Blood In Urine - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your blood in urine?