Patient Comments: Blood in the Stool - Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in the stool.

Comment from: steve, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

I've had ulcerative colitis for 7 years and have had different medicines, treatments over the years and l find none of them help as l bleed frequently. I'm on a pretty good diet of steamed vegetables and cooked fruit which does help.

Comment from: lopie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I've been having terrible pain inside my but by my tailbone for years which is sometimes unbearable and have no clue what it is. I also have blood in my stools and just lately there is much more blood. I'm 31 years old and already had a colonoscopy and X-rays a few years ago which turned up nothing. My doctor thought it may be internal hemorrhoids or tears but there's no visible evidence of either.

Comment from: concerned, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I was in hospitalized in May and was told I have diverticulitis. After being dismissed, I developed severe dehydration and had to be re-hospitalized. Occasionally I have red blood in my stools and when I wipe myself. I still have some abdominal pain as well as diarrhea occasionally. The doctor did a colonoscopy and told me to add more fiber to my diet. Should I be concerned about the blood in my stool, diarrhea, and abdominal pain?

Comment from: walt, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

I was told I have an internal hemorrhoid four years ago. It was never really an issue, but it has gotten bad since being on Effient and aspirin after a heart attack in November 2012. It has been bad the past several weeks, with bleeding and large jell-like clunks. What are these jell-like bloody clunks?

Blood in the Stool - Cause Question: What was the cause of blood in your stool?
Blood in the Stool - Diagnosis Question: What was the diagnosis of blood in the stool?
Blood in the Stool - Treatment Question: Depending on the cause, what was the treatment for blood in the stool?
Blood in the Stool - Hemorrhoids Question: Please describe your experience with hemorrhoids and blood in your stool.
Blood in the Stool - Anal Fissures Question: Please describe your experience with anal fissures and rectal bleeding.
Blood in the Stool - Other Causes Question: Which one of these were the cause of your case of rectal bleeding, and please describe your experience.
Blood in the Stool - Infection Question: What infection caused your case of rectal bleeding, and how was it treated?
Blood in the Stool - Ulcers or Gastritis Question: Was it ulcers or gastritis that caused your case of rectal bleeding, and how was it treated?
Blood in the Stool - Esophageal Bleeding Question: Please describe your experience with rectal bleeding and esophageal bleeding.
Blood in the Stool - Additional Causes Question: If not mentioned previously, what caused your case of rectal bleeding?
Blood in the Stool - Associated Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have that occurred with rectal bleeding?