Patient Comments: Blood in the Stool - Experience

Please describe your experience with blood in the stool.

Comment from: joyce, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I have hyperthyroidism yet I haven't consulted my doctor for 10 months already, and now I am suffering from constipation. Yesterday I had checked my stool and had fresh blood. I know this is not from my menstrual cycle because it is finished.

Comment from: onqwest, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I have bright red blood in stool. No pain but substantial amount only with bowel movement, infrequent, once in two consecutive days. I had constipation issues for three consecutive days the week prior to bleeding event. Same occurrence three months ago.

Comment from: ms. spratt, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I have bright red blood in stool, moderate amount, when having liquid stools. I have had bouts of abdominal cramping and gas with liquid stools since I had my gall bladder removed.

Comment from: chica, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I have been undiagnosed for nearly 4 years. My symptoms started with pain in lower left pelvic area, indigestion, heartburn, fever, pencil thin stools, loss of weight, hair falling out, brain fog, I was unable to have sex, and feeling very ill. I then went through years of diarrhea. Now I've still got pain in same place and indigestion after meals or even on empty stomach, and swollen stomach with weight gain. Bowel movement is getting better but this morning there was bright red blood in bowel movement.

Comment from: Darren, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I had a fissure that had me contemplating suicide (kidding, not really). It was medication related (constipation and giant stool and straining) and it was killing me for six months; like razor blades every time. I eventually got over that. This was years ago. I do have hemorrhoids (some in, some out, not crazy though). I have filled the bowl with darkish blood every so often for years. I do drink a few vodka each night and in the last month have started having pain in the anus like somebody is holding a cutting torch back there. Not while I have bowel movement but before or after and it's debilitating. I sometimes get this pain without even going to the toilet. But it's not every time. I don't think it's a fissure this time but it is near as painful. My worry is colon cancer. I have been checked before and was fine. Just looking for a possible reason. I work hard every day and hate to give up my few drinks a night.

Comment from: Hawkins, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 14

I used the bathroom and my stools were watery and red. I saw blood.

Comment from: red dog, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 07

Usually after a weekend of heavy beer drinking, I have blood in stool that lasts a couple days, then nothing for a while. It is very bright red in color, no pain involved. It is always liquid stool, I never have solid stool.

Comment from: baba, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 03

I have had bleeding in stool twice after I took a tablet called 'lecithine de soja', and then stopped. I am not sure if this is because of this tablet. I did not have any sign of weakness or fever or any signs of any type. I stopped taking this tablet and have no problem.

Blood in the Stool - Causes Question: What was the cause of blood in your stool?
Blood in the Stool - Diagnosis Question: What was the diagnosis of blood in the stool?
Blood in the Stool - Treatment Question: Depending on the cause, what was the treatment for blood in the stool?
Blood in the Stool - Hemorrhoids Question: Please describe your experience with hemorrhoids and blood in your stool.
Blood in the Stool - Anal Fissures Question: Please describe your experience with anal fissures and rectal bleeding.
Blood in the Stool - Diseases Causes Question: Which one of these were the cause of your case of rectal bleeding, and please describe your experience.
Blood in the Stool - Infection Question: What infection caused your case of rectal bleeding, and how was it treated?
Blood in the Stool - Ulcers or Gastritis Question: Was it ulcers or gastritis that caused your case of rectal bleeding, and how was it treated?
Blood in the Stool - Esophageal Bleeding Question: Please describe your experience with rectal bleeding and esophageal bleeding.
Blood in the Stool - Rare Causes Question: If not mentioned previously, what caused your case of rectal bleeding?
Blood in the Stool - Associated Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have that occurred with rectal bleeding?