- Impotence Slideshow Pictures
- Sex-Drive Killers Slideshow: Causes of Low Libido
- Take the Low Testosterone Quiz
- Patient Comments: Blood In Semen - Cause
- Patient Comments: Blood In Semen - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Blood In Semen - Treatment
- Find a local Urologist in your town
What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with blood in the semen?
The prognosis relates to the underlying cause of blood in the semen if a cause can be identified. However, most cases of hematospermia are benign and resolve without treatment. While cancer is a rare cause of blood in the semen, the majority of cases are not related to cancer, especially in younger men.
Medically reviewed by Michael Wolff, MD; American Board of Urology
Schiff, Jonathan D., et al. "Hematospermia." Medscape.com. 14 Apr. 2010. <http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/457632-overview>.