Patient Comments: Blood Clots - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood clots.

Comment from: gm, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

I have atrial fibrillation with a blood clot in my right atrium. I am very short of breath and very nervous.

Comment from: mgoehrs94, 45-54 (Caregiver) Published: September 10

I have knots formed on leg veins long term. There is no pain or discoloration.

Comment from: nene, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I have an ache up right side of my back because of blood clot and I feel slightly dazed.

Comment from: Mad, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I had a clot in each leg in the past ten years and then last year I had clots on the lungs. I just found out the other day I got 3 more clots in the leg. I want to get the screens because I can"t live like this anymore.

Comment from: Barbb, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I have been having pain in the calf area five weeks after hip surgery. I am on blood thinners for the clots.

Comment from: fruit, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have just had my second blood clot in the last 3 years. I was on Wafrarin for a year. I was told that the blood clot stated from my leg and went to my lung. I'm a very activity person; I have no history in the family of clots. I do have high blood pressure. When I was in the hospital it was excellent. When I came out it went from 120/80 to 130/80. I just started taking a cholesterol-lowering drug (simvastatin 40mg). I watch my diet and stay away from most fried foods.

Comment from: arbutusrru, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

I had a sudden onset of shortness of breath. I have had asthma since I was a kid, but it has always been under control. I went to emergency after five days of this, and I was diagnosed with pulmonary embolism.

Comment from: jacko, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: August 20

I had an atrial flutter with pacemaker and on therapeutic warfarin and bisoprolol. In for cystoscopy and biopsy but the urologist insisted on, leaving me off warfarin for a total of 11 days, despite my voiced concern. Six days after the cystoscopy, I had a massive brachial embolism, which was reversed by prompt surgery. Moral: don't assume these specialist teams always know what the results of their activities might be.

Comment from: sierragal, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

At 54 I had a knee surgery and was up and getting around doing fine 5 days after the surgery. I had pressure in my knee and pain traveling up my body to my back then it felt like a arrow shot in the back. This happened 10 times for about four day till both lungs collapsed then was taken to the hospital. Hospital stay for 12 days where I had three more embolisms. I lost my left lung very painful. My sister has the same thing happen to her but she is paralyzed now and will never walk again .

Blood Clots - Causes Question: What was the cause of your blood clot?
Blood Clots - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have before you were diagnosed with a blood clot?
Blood Clots - In Leg Question: What were the complications of your blood clot?