Patient Comments: Blood Clots - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood clots.

Comment from: Talavera1, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I had just given birth to my baby girl in 1998. In April of 1999, I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. In December of 1999, I had a full-blown ischemic stroke due to a venous clot, and I was only 31. I was extremely blessed in that I fully recovered with great medical care and was put on Plavix. In March of this year, I turned 40 and my daughter is 10. Please: Never, ever think you're totally immune to what typically is considered "elderly" medical problems. Blood clots are no laughing matter at any age!

Comment from: qamar s., 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I am suffering with diabetes and illness with fibroid symptoms in uterus. I am 39 years old and having very severe leg pain.

Comment from: misslaura3960, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

I just had my right knee replaced and now I have a sharp pain in my abdomen and one other area. I cannot see anything, but not sure to call doctor about it or what. I am concerned it might be a clot. It does not hurt all time.

Comment from: gm, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

I have atrial fibrillation with a blood clot in my right atrium. I am very short of breath and very nervous.

Comment from: mgoehrs94, 45-54 (Caregiver) Published: September 10

I have knots formed on leg veins long term. There is no pain or discoloration.

Comment from: nene, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I have an ache up right side of my back because of blood clot and I feel slightly dazed.

Comment from: Mad, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I had a clot in each leg in the past ten years and then last year I had clots on the lungs. I just found out the other day I got 3 more clots in the leg. I want to get the screens because I can"t live like this anymore.

Comment from: Barbb, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I have been having pain in the calf area five weeks after hip surgery. I am on blood thinners for the clots.

Comment from: fruit, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have just had my second blood clot in the last 3 years. I was on Wafrarin for a year. I was told that the blood clot stated from my leg and went to my lung. I'm a very activity person; I have no history in the family of clots. I do have high blood pressure. When I was in the hospital it was excellent. When I came out it went from 120/80 to 130/80. I just started taking a cholesterol-lowering drug (simvastatin 40mg). I watch my diet and stay away from most fried foods.

Comment from: arbutusrru, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

I had a sudden onset of shortness of breath. I have had asthma since I was a kid, but it has always been under control. I went to emergency after five days of this, and I was diagnosed with pulmonary embolism.

Blood Clots - Causes Question: What was the cause of your blood clot?
Blood Clots - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have before you were diagnosed with a blood clot?
Blood Clots - In Leg Question: What were the complications of your blood clot?