Patient Comments: Blood Clots - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with blood clots.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

When I was 12 years old I got a D.V.T in my left groin area the cause was unknown to the doctors and they did so many tests it was very scary. The only conclusion they could come to was a long car ride I had taken a week before. Now when you have a D.V.T too you are supposed to be in bed no walking well they allowed me to and it moved to my lungs I had to take Coumadin for 6 months and give myself shots in the stomach for a week.

Comment from: happymom, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

At the age of 27 I gave birth to a healthy baby girl. A few hours after giving birth I started to have a really bad headache, I mentioned it to the nurse and she said it was from the epidural I had received so I let it go. 2 days later I couldn't even open my left eye from the pain being so bad. I decided to go to the emergency room where the doctor said it was just because I wasn't getting enough sleep. 10 days later the left side of my head was still hurting, now along with the left side of my neck. My husband noticed I was now crying, vomiting and in severe pain, he decided to call 911. When I arrived to the emergency room they ran some MRI's and CT scan, finally I had an answer, I had a cerebral blood clot along with a blood clot in my jugular. I was given heparin, lovenox and Coumadin in that order. I'm very thankful to be alive even though I do have some permanent damage.

Comment from: Talavera1, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I had just given birth to my baby girl in 1998. In April of 1999, I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. In December of 1999, I had a full-blown ischemic stroke due to a venous clot, and I was only 31. I was extremely blessed in that I fully recovered with great medical care and was put on Plavix. In March of this year, I turned 40 and my daughter is 10. Please: Never, ever think you're totally immune to what typically is considered "elderly" medical problems. Blood clots are no laughing matter at any age!

Comment from: misslaura3960, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

I just had my right knee replaced and now I have a sharp pain in my abdomen and one other area. I cannot see anything, but not sure to call doctor about it or what. I am concerned it might be a clot. It does not hurt all time.

Comment from: gm, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

I have atrial fibrillation with a blood clot in my right atrium. I am very short of breath and very nervous.

Comment from: mgoehrs94, 45-54 (Caregiver) Published: September 10

I have knots formed on leg veins long term. There is no pain or discoloration.

Comment from: nene, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I have an ache up right side of my back because of blood clot and I feel slightly dazed.

Comment from: Mad, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I had a clot in each leg in the past ten years and then last year I had clots on the lungs. I just found out the other day I got 3 more clots in the leg. I want to get the screens because I can"t live like this anymore.

Comment from: Barbb, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I have been having pain in the calf area five weeks after hip surgery. I am on blood thinners for the clots.

Blood Clots - Causes Question: What was the cause of your blood clot?
Blood Clots - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have before you were diagnosed with a blood clot?
Blood Clots - In Leg Question: What were the complications of your blood clot?