Patient Comments: Blood Clots - Causes

What was the cause of your blood clot?

Comment from: marcie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 22

From time to time I am experiencing profuse sweating around head and neck. Pillow is wet, and hair mats to head. I have bad insomnia. I cannot take sleeping pills. I take pravastatin, methotrexate, folic (folic acid with B vitamins), propranolol, calcium, biotin, and 250 mg magnesium.

Comment from: unreadydrake, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 07

I have a severely damaged lower lumbar area that produces a burning sensation down the right side of back and to the bottom of feet. The damaged sciatic nerve is getting worse each passing month. I have found that gabapentin - Neurontin, minimizes the severe pain so that I may attempt for a more pleasant day without the burning sensation. It works if I stay under 3200 mg a day. You won't be disappointed.

Comment from: ddr, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I've had shingles twice now. Once when I was 29 or 30 and again last week at 45. This time the pain was in my neck. I was sensitive to the touch and the pain went from my neck to my jaw, and then into my ear. It felt like an ear ache and I could barely open my jaw. I only had 2 or 3 blisters and they were very hard to detect. Hope this helps someone else.

Comment from: Megster1688, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I began suffering from bouts of dizziness in my late 40s. It took me several months to figure out that it was actually vertigo. The doctor prescribed me medication that helped with the vertigo, but left me feeling groggy. A friend of mine told me about DiVertigo, and thankfully it worked for me. It is just a bit of oil you dab behind your ear. I am not sure how it works but it helped me. I hope it can help others here too!

Comment from: Nev8, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 17

I underwent surgery for removal of fibroids (myomectomy) and developed blood clots in both lungs. The surgery lasted for 4 hours so I guess this was largely responsible for the formation of the blood clots. I led a very active life prior the surgery and was very much involved in physical fitness. You can well imagine how surprised I was when one day after the surgery I was unable to walk from my bed to a chair in the room without being on the verge of blacking out. My second attempt at walking the next day was just as disastrous. I was put Lovenox injections, which I hated. My abdomen developed significant bruising. I was subsequently placed on Xarelto pills and I am still taking them. I am now 2 weeks into taking the Xarelto and have not experienced any side effects.

Comment from: bewildered, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

I do not feel I need to be on Xarelto, wish I had never started with it. I want to have more blood work done to see if I need it anymore and I am going to have an ultra sound done. One doctor asked me why I was on it. He was the one who saved my life. Mine was sudden, nothing but for a few seconds I couldn't move my right arm, it felt like it was asleep. Then I dropped to the floor and someone called 911 for me. Absolutely no warning. The deprivation of oxygen to my brain has made me unsure to drive in heavy traffic, I get confused. I want to know if that's caused from brain damage or Xarelto. No one has given me an answer, just that I had a blood clot. I do have trouble with spelling sometimes and numbers I write are mixed up sometimes.

Comment from: dhun, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

Two weeks after D and C, I found some blood clots/tissues.

Blood Clots - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with blood clots.
Blood Clots - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have before you were diagnosed with a blood clot?
Blood Clots - In Leg Question: What were the complications of your blood clot?