Patient Comments: Blood Clots - Causes

What was the cause of your blood clot?

Comment from: panther creek, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 15

In previous visit to my ophthalmologist, intraocular pressure (IOP) was normal. Three months later for follow up of dry eye/blepharitis, IOP was significantly elevated in both eyes, the left much higher, leading to ultrasound which revealed almost complete closure of left duct and partial closure of right. I had no symptoms of acute-angle-closure glaucoma as outlined in this article. Forty-eight hours later I had laser treatment of left eye and I am scheduled for the right one in 1 week.

Comment from: marcie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 22

From time to time I am experiencing profuse sweating around head and neck. Pillow is wet, and hair mats to head. I have bad insomnia. I cannot take sleeping pills. I take pravastatin, methotrexate, folic (folic acid with B vitamins), propranolol, calcium, biotin, and 250 mg magnesium.

Comment from: unreadydrake, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 07

I have a severely damaged lower lumbar area that produces a burning sensation down the right side of back and to the bottom of feet. The damaged sciatic nerve is getting worse each passing month. I have found that gabapentin - Neurontin, minimizes the severe pain so that I may attempt for a more pleasant day without the burning sensation. It works if I stay under 3200 mg a day. You won't be disappointed.

Comment from: ddr, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I've had shingles twice now. Once when I was 29 or 30 and again last week at 45. This time the pain was in my neck. I was sensitive to the touch and the pain went from my neck to my jaw, and then into my ear. It felt like an ear ache and I could barely open my jaw. I only had 2 or 3 blisters and they were very hard to detect. Hope this helps someone else.

Comment from: Megster1688, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I began suffering from bouts of dizziness in my late 40s. It took me several months to figure out that it was actually vertigo. The doctor prescribed me medication that helped with the vertigo, but left me feeling groggy. A friend of mine told me about DiVertigo, and thankfully it worked for me. It is just a bit of oil you dab behind your ear. I am not sure how it works but it helped me. I hope it can help others here too!

Comment from: My lovely sister, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 19

I have a blood clot wrapped around my liver. I am a transplant patient.

Blood Clots - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with blood clots.
Blood Clots - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have before you were diagnosed with a blood clot?
Blood Clots - In Leg Question: What were the complications of your blood clot?