What other names is Blond Psyllium known by?
Balle de Psyllium, Blond Plantago, Blonde Psyllium, Che Qian Zi, Dietary Fiber, Englishman's Foot, Fibre Alimentaire, Indian Plantago, Ipágula, Isabgola, Isabgul, Ispaghul, Ispaghula, Ispagol, Pale Psyllium, Plantaginis Ovatae Semen, Plantaginis Ovatae Testa, Plantago decumbens, Plantago fastigiata, Plantago insularis, Plantago ispaghula, Plantago ovata, Psilio, Psillium Blond, Psyllium, Psyllium Blond, Psyllium Husk, Sand Plantain, Spogel.
What is Blond Psyllium?
Blond psyllium is an herb. The seed and the seed husk are used to make medicine.
Is Blond Psyllium effective?
Blond psyllium is a good source of dietary fiber and is effective as a bulk laxative for constipation
. Blond psyllium is also effective for lowering cholesterol
levels in the blood in people with high cholesterol.
Blond psyllium also seems to help for treating diarrhea
and decreasing the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Blond psyllium also seems to help lower blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels in people with type 2 diabetes
and high cholesterol.
- Relieving constipation and softening stools.
Likely Effective for...
- Lowering cholesterol in people with high cholesterol.
Possibly Effective for...
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Lowering blood sugar after eating a meal in people with diabetes (type 2).
- Preventing the relapse of ulcerative colitis.
- High blood pressure.
- Treating side effects of a drug called Orlistat (Xenical, Alli).
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Serious kidney disease.
- Skin growths in the large intestine and rectum (colorectal adenoma).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Preventing fat redistribution syndrome in people with HIV disease, some types of cancer and skin conditions, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).