Patient Comments: Eyelid Surgery - Complications

Did you experience any complications after eyelid surgery?

Comment from: NJFRiend, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I recently had lower eyelid surgery and a thread lift of mid face. I woke up with tubular swelling below sack of eyes, look like a football player with black marks on cheek. Face feels like something swollen on upper cheeks too. Looks worse now than before and it is almost 2 weeks!

Comment from: dcrafton, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I am 71 years old. I had upper and lower blepharoplasty on 4/22/14. I had severe itching starting a few days after surgery up to the present, although it is much better now. I used Benadryl, Lortab, allergy drops, several other eye drops, heat pads, and ice packs. I did get relief but the itching continued. My doctor suggested allergy drops and then “Tucks”. He said he did know what else to do, or the cause. I went to my optometrist yesterday and she said my eyes are not healed, are swollen and very dry. She gave me Oasis drops. I am very frustrated, it is over five weeks.

Eyelid Surgery - Cost Question: How much did your eyelid surgery cost? Was it covered by insurance?
Eyelid Surgery - Recovery Question: Please describe your experience with recovery after eyelid surgery.