Patient Comments: Eyelid Surgery - Recovery

Please describe your experience with recovery after eyelid surgery.

Comment from: Barbie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I had eyelid surgery 6 weeks ago. One eye looks great. The other one is drooping badly; left one had the problem drooping and it was a success. The right lid didn"t need anything, but surgeon did surgery on it anyway. It looks worse now than before surgery. I have an appointment tomorrow with the surgeon and I have pictures too they I have taken. I had no pain since Friday, but had terrible bruising and swelling. My right is twitching, jumping, and has given me problems since surgery.

Comment from: Modeling, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I am on the 6th day post operation and due to have stitches removed. That should feel better as they are now feeling tight. My eyes still very swollen but I have not had to use pain relief since the day of the operation. I think that given another week the swelling and bruising should be gone, I am just using sun glasses when out and about and larger reading glasses at work. The secret is keeping them clean and using ointment and ice packs wrapped in clean flannels.

Comment from: atm, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I am in my fourth day of recovery. My eyelids are still very puffy and swollen. They appear to be holding blood and are quite red. I am using salve and drops and suffering a little from pain.

Eyelid Surgery - Cost Question: How much did your eyelid surgery cost? Was it covered by insurance?
Eyelid Surgery - Complications Question: Did you experience any complications after eyelid surgery?