Patient Comments: Eyelid Surgery - Cost

How much did your eyelid surgery cost? Was it covered by insurance?

Comment from: scary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I had my upper eyelid surgery 3 days ago. The more I looked at myself in the mirror, the more I regret for going through with it. I can only open my eyes 1/3 to half of the way due to swollen upper lid. My eyes don't shut when I sleep (my daughter told me). My eyes are not even, one eye is more open than the other. The skin has been pulled too much on one eye that it hurt right after the surgery. My eye shape is no longer the same. The surgical line is long-- it goes way pass the eyes and stops at both sides, the doctor told me that he had to do it otherwise the lid will droop. I was so shocked to see the line. I used to have big open eyes and was proud of it. Blurred vision is what I have encountered the last 3 days. All I can do is wait and see how it turns out after a month. I truly hope that I don't have to go to another doctor to get them fixed to look normal again.

Comment from: scary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

My eyelid surgery cost me $2100.

Eyelid Surgery - Recovery Question: Please describe your experience with recovery after eyelid surgery.
Eyelid Surgery - Complications Question: Did you experience any complications after eyelid surgery?