- Eye Diseases and Conditions Slideshow Pictures
- Pink Eye Slideshow Pictures
- Eyes and Eye Conditions Quiz
- Patient Comments: Eyelid Surgery - Cost
- Patient Comments: Eyelid Surgery - Recovery
- Patient Comments: Eyelid Surgery - Complications
- Find a local Plastic Surgeon in your town
- What is eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)?
- Why is eyelid surgery performed?
- Who is a good candidate for eyelid surgery?
- How does one prepare for eyelid surgery?
- How long is the recovery time for eyelid surgery?
- What are the potential risks and complications of eyelid surgery?
- How much does eyelid surgery cost? Does insurance cover the cost of blepharoplasty?
Quick GuideCommon Eye Problems and Infections
How much does eyelid surgery cost? Does insurance cover the cost of blepharoplasty?
The cost of eyelid surgery depends on the type and complexity of the procedure performed.
Insurance carriers will only cover the cost of upper eyelid surgery if the patient has obstruction of their visual field. This must be documented during an examination with formal visual field testing and photographs. Some insurance carriers require submission of the visual fields and photographs before approving the blepharoplasty as a medically indicated procedure.
"Eyelid Surgery: Blepharoplasty," American Society of Plastic Surgeons.