Patient Comments: Blepharitis - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your blepharitis?

Comment from: Andy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

After 3 weeks of using antibiotic eye drops I had little improvement in my blepharitis. Next, I was prescribed 100mg doxycycline hydrate to be taken twice daily for 10 days. This is the 4th day and I am 80% better. I just hope it proves to be the long term cure. I also bathe my eyelids daily with Sterilid, a product available at most drug stores.

Blepharitis - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your blepharitis?
Blepharitis - Signs and Symptoms Question: Please share the signs and symptoms associated with your blepharitis.
Blepharitis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including hygiene, have helped your blepharitis?