Patient Comments: Blepharitis - Signs and Symptoms

Please share the signs and symptoms associated with your blepharitis.

Comment from: Sasha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I've done everything the doctor has prescribed, hot face cloths, massaging eyelids, 2000 mill of Omega 3s and 100 mg of doxycycline daily. I've now developed scar tissue and my eye lids are swollen and painful. My doctor told me that I need surgery where he would open the glands. This is not covered by insurance because it is considered experimental at this point. I saw him just a few days ago and in that time the swelling has increased. I don't see how there is a choice at this point.

Blepharitis - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your blepharitis?
Blepharitis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including hygiene, have helped your blepharitis?
Blepharitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your blepharitis?