Patient Comments: Bladder Spasms - Causes

If known, what is the cause of your bladder spasms?

Comment from: crazynana09, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I have been diagnosed with interstitial cystitis. My pain is burning in the bladder, and severe kidney and lower back pain. I also have sciatica, but there is a difference. It is a raw feeling that disables me from wearing regular clothing. Many women get their bladders taken out in hopes of some relief, but my pain management doctor does not believe in it. He said it will still produce phantom pain. It is manageable, but does limit daily activity in severe cases such as mine.

Comment from: winngib, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 21

I have ripping tearing pains down both sides below my hips. These tearing pains double me over and they continue on a regular basis. After I empty my bladder I really double over and it hurts really badly. I have been to many doctors about this pain. I had rectocele and enterocele surgery and still have this ripping tearing pain. I have had false senses of having to urinate many times and it can drive one crazy and not really bad leakage, but I do have some.

Comment from: Jenny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I have primary progressive multiple sclerosis and suffer frequent spasms in various parts of the body including bladder.

Bladder Spasms - Describe the Feeling Question: How would you describe the feelings or symptoms that are considered bladder spasms?
Bladder Spasms - Treatment Question: Depending on the cause, treatments for bladder spasms vary. What kinds of treatment did you receive?