Patient Comments: Bladder Infection - Children

If your child had a bladder infection, please describe the symptoms that led to a diagnosis.

Comment from: mother, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 30

My daughter gets frequent infections but it never hurts her or gives her other typical symptoms. The only thing she gets is the strong odor. I can smell it on her every time.

Comment from: Les, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 16

My 6-year-old daughter has been vomiting, has had a sore stomach, and has not been eating much for about five days. She has been up all night going to the toilet to wee every 30 seconds.

Comment from: Imateenager, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

I pee a lot at night, and I only have pains in the lower area when I lay down. When I went to a swim practice, I sat out because I felt like I was going to vomit. My pee does smell strong, and it is also white. By the way, if anyone is reading this, if you have a bladder infection, don't eat or drink any milk products. If you do, the bacteria in the milk will not help you. It just makes things worse. You can't eat food with milk in it!

Bladder Infection - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with bladder infection?
Bladder Infection - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you have for your bladder infection?
Bladder Infection - Prevention Question: If you've had a bladder infection, what do you do to prevent another one?