Patient Comments: Bladder Infection - Treatment

What kind of treatment did you have for your bladder infection?

Comment from: carpephoto, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I've had bladder infections all my life and tried everything I could find. I finally found something that works for me. It's made by now and is called cranberry mannose + probiotics. It's a box of 24 packets of powder that is made into a drink. It has 10 probiotic strains plus D-mannose, cranberry juice powder and uva ursi extract. To stop a string of infections, I went to DR to get an antibiotic. I started drinking this twice daily with the antibiotic and kept it up after the medication was done. I drank it every time I felt that stinging in the urethra, even if I was in bed and woke up in the night. After using it at least daily for a month or two, I found I could cut back. Now I only use it when I've eaten too much sugar and feel the stinging, which isn't very often. I am amazed to be infection free! I believe I've built up the good flora in my system that keeps the e coli bacteria from growing.

Comment from: Anuj, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 13

Generally urologists advise nitrofurantoin antibiotic for long term antibiotic therapy for bladder infection. I took it for 3 months. Now I am well.

Comment from: Ouch!, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

It's always been antibiotics. I've never had any luck with cranberry juice.

Bladder Infection - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with bladder infection?
Bladder Infection - Children Question: If your child had a bladder infection, please describe the symptoms that led to a diagnosis.
Bladder Infection - Prevention Question: If you've had a bladder infection, what do you do to prevent another one?