Patient Comments: Bladder Cancer - Effective Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your bladder cancer?

Comment from: Debra H, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

The lesson I have learned is to be pushy when going to your general practitioner. One year ago, I had bright blood in my urine. The GP gave me antibiotics and it appeared to fix the problem. As I was also menopausal, I dismissed the slight pink blood stains that appeared occasionally and went just as quickly for a whole year. Then the bleeding began in earnest again, and I was passing large clots as well. I became very anemic. I was loosing blood waiting for the private specialist to see me and ended up being in an ambulance as my urethra had blocked completely, and I was unable to pee. After two days at the hospital trying to flush the clots out, they removed all the clots and the growths they found. I had an aggressive form of bladder cancer. Lucky for me, it was confined to the lining. I have been having MRIs performed every three months and most times, I have more tissue taken out. You know your body best: Ask for an appointment with a specialist.

Comment from: jeanima, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer in November 2009, it was a very rare type, very aggressive but still quite small, the wonderful surgeon I had said the only safe way was to have Radical Surgery, the operation took nearly 9 hours everything including my woman's bits were taken too and I have a bag which works just fine and it is very little inconvenience for my second chance of life!!

Comment from: Miracle Of Asparagus, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 31

Try drinking pureed Asparagus, to eliminate cancer growth in our bodies. It equalizes red and white cell counts, thus eliminating cancer growth. I drank 2 tins of asparagus, pureed, per day, for 2 months, and removed bladder tumors. I now drink 1 tin per day, as a tonic, as it also improved my blood tests. Asparagus has a protein called 'histones,' which is believed to be active in controlling cell growth, and eliminates the prospect of cancer entering our bodies.

Comment from: Belle2, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 19

My husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer that has spread to his liver. Chemo is working well. He is scheduled for bladder, and prostate removal in about one month. We are concerned about the sexual side effects.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 01

Thanks everyone for sharing your views. My mother had experience similar to the last patient comment - menopausal). She will now have chemotherapy. I believe that her cancer has gone into bladder layers, but is still within the bladder. Please share your views if chemotherapy will completely cure her and she may not have new growth.

Bladder Cancer - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with bladder cancer.
Bladder Cancer - Causes or Risk Factors Question: Do you have any risk factors for bladder cancer?
Bladder Cancer - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your bladder cancer?
Bladder Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What led to your bladder cancer diagnosis?
Bladder Cancer - Transurethral Surgery Experience Question: Please share your experience with surgery for bladder cancer.
Bladder Cancer - Chemotherapy Experience Question: Did you have chemotherapy to treat bladder cancer? Please describe what it was like.