Patient Comments: Bladder Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your bladder cancer?

A Doctor's View on Bladder Cancer Causes, Symptoms, and Signs

Read the Comment by Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD

Blood in the urine is the most common sign of bladder cancer. Other symptoms include weight loss, abdominal or back pain, urinary urgency, and painful urination. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: LAWANDA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I just turned 54 in January. Last summer I had a gross amount of blood in urine. I went to the emergency room and was treated for a urinary tract infection. I am now having blood in my urine again. There is really no pain to speak of. I am just scared to go in to get checked as I am worried about bladder cancer. I have had occasional blood in my urine, it has always just stopped. It started again 2 days ago.

Comment from: CanMex, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 10

I had blood in the urine before I was diagnosed with bladder cancer.

Comment from: DW, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I had some female problems that didn't go away and I was urinating frequently. I had no bleeding. They discovered lots of tumors (one high grade) and removed them and I had BCG for six weeks. The FISH test came back with no cancer cells. I will have a follow up look in the bladder.

Comment from: lorrie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I experienced bleeding, and my urine was full of blood clots. But I had no pain.

Bladder Cancer - Effective Treatment Question: What treatment has been effective for your bladder cancer?
Bladder Cancer - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with bladder cancer.
Bladder Cancer - Causes or Risk Factors Question: Do you have any risk factors for bladder cancer?
Bladder Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What led to your bladder cancer diagnosis?
Bladder Cancer - Transurethral Surgery Experience Question: Please share your experience with surgery for bladder cancer.
Bladder Cancer - Chemotherapy Experience Question: Did you have chemotherapy to treat bladder cancer? Please describe what it was like.