Patient Comments: Black Eye - Cause

What was the cause of your black eye?

Comment from: jef4424, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I fell off the bed and hit the corner off my eye missing the eyeball about a quarter of an inch. My eye is black and bloodshot, waters some, and is very painful.

Comment from: Jane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

I woke up with a black eye (under my eye and moving down by the nose). I have no idea how I got it. It then progressed under my eye and on my eyelid. Someone said a broken blood vessel can sometimes cause a black eye.

Black Eye - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with a black eye.
Black Eye - Symptoms Question: What additional symptoms did you experience with your black eye?
Black Eye - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your black eye?
Black Eye - Complications Question: What were the complications of your black eye?