Patient Comments: Birth Defects - Personal Experience

What type of birth defect did you or your child have? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Junie, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 15

The doctor explained to me that a nerve or muscle was not formed at the time of conception in my baby girl's right side of face or cheek at the corner of her mouth toward her ear. When she smiles the right side of her lip would dip down. I asked the doctor if something could be done, he said no. I guess I was scared and carried this guilt. Later when she went to get her molars pulled, the dentist took x-rays and asked if she got in a wreck and that her jaw was crushed. I told her no, never and told her what the doctor told me when she was born.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 18

My sister has a birth defect. My sister's child intestines are damaged and now her child is no more.

Comment from: One Hand abnormal, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 06

I have a child aged 6 months now. He is suffering from birth with one hand abnormal problem.

Comment from: Manu, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

My son has congenital birth defect of food pipe which was not developed properly. I also have single umbilical artery. I just want to know the reason for it.

Comment from: Andy, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 13

I am trying to find out what my son was born with. He has an area on his head that is sunken and the size of a quarter. Hair does not grow there. Sometime it bothers him. So far, no doctor has an explanation what this is. I was wondering if there is a website with lots of pictures of children's head issues.

Birth Defects - Treatments Question: Depending on the disorder, what was the treatment for your or your child's birth defect?