- Bipolar Disorder Slideshow Pictures
- Bipolar Disorder (Mania) Quiz
- Depression Slideshow Pictures
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- What is bipolar disorder?
- Who develops bipolar disorder?
- Why does someone develop bipolar disorder?
- What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?
- Can children and teens with bipolar disorder have other problems?
- How is bipolar disorder diagnosed?
- How is bipolar disorder treated?
- What can children and teens expect from treatment?
- How can I help my child or teen?
- How does bipolar disorder affect parents and family?
- Where do I go for help?
- I know someone who is in crisis. What do I do?
Quick GuideBipolar Disorder Overview Pictures Slideshow
How can I help my child or teen?
Help begins with the right diagnosis and treatment. If you think your child may have bipolar disorder, make an appointment with your family doctor to talk about the symptoms you notice.
If your child has bipolar disorder, here are some basic things you can do:
- Be patient.
- Encourage your child to talk, and listen to your child carefully.
- Be understanding about mood episodes.
- Help your child have fun.
- Help your child understand that treatment can make life better.