Patient Comments: Bipolar Disorder (Mania) - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your bipolar disorder (mania)?

Comment from: Bahador, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 10

I'm 21 years old, I'm a Bipolar Disorder and it's been 6 years I do treatment under control of a psychiatrist. During that days (except last 3 months) I used Lithium 300 twice a day, Onalnzapyn 10 once a day, chlordiazepoxide 10 twice a day, Lamotrigine 50 once a day, Haloperidol 0.5 once a day. But during these last months I just use Mirtazapine 45mg once a day and Olanzapine 5 once a day.

Comment from: mandy81, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I am a 27 year old female who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I am struggling big time with it and have been for years. I feel like it has taken over my life. I have been in and out of hospitals and treatments and have not yet found anything that works for me. I am currently seeking options on different meds to try as of right now I am taking Prozac and Zyprexa I just started that yesterday so I guess I will give it a try.

Published: July 28

I think my bipolar disorder has been treated best with Lamictal 200mg in the morning, Lexapro 10mg in the morning, and Seroquel 300mg at bedtime. Along with keeping therapy appointments and seeing the psychiatrist, I have found this to be the best for me so far.

Bipolar Disorder - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your bipolar disorder?
Bipolar Disorder - Causes and Risks Question: Were you at risk for developing bipolar disorder? Please share your story.
Bipolar Disorder - Diagnosis Question: What tests and assessments led to a diagnosis of bipolar disorder in you or a relative?
Bipolar Disorder - Support Question: What forms of support have helped you or a relative who was diagnosed with bipolar disorder?
Bipolar Disorder - Types Question: Describe your type of bipolar disorder, along with your symptoms and treatment.