Bipolar Disorder Index
Bipolar disorder (or manic depression) is a mental illness characterized by depression, mania, and severe mood swings. Treatment may incorporate mood-stabilizer medications, antidepressants, and psychotherapy.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- bupropion, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban, Aplenzin
- venlafaxine, Effexor XR (Effexor has been discontinued in the US)
- paroxetine, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva
- fluoxetine, Prozac, Sarafem, Prozac Weekly
In This Article
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children) Article
- Childhood attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD in children) facts
- What is
attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)?
- What are risk factors and causes of ADHD in children?
- What are signs and symptoms of ADHD in children?
- Are there ADHD tests? How do physicians diagnose ADHD in children?
- What are the treatments for ADHD in children? What are possible side effects of ADHD medications?
- What are complications and the prognosis of ADHD in children?
- Is it possible to prevent ADHD in children?
- What is the latest research on ADHD in children?
- Are there support groups for children with ADHD?
- Where can people find more information on ADHD in children?
In This Article
Breastfeeding (and Formula Feeding) Article
- Breastfeeding facts
- When should we decide about breastfeeding?
- Why is the choice so important?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of breastfeeding?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of formula feeding?
- Can we use both forms of feedings for our baby?
- Is there any special preparation required for breastfeeding?
- When can breastfeeding begin?
- What is the proper technique for breastfeeding?
- When should breast pumps be used?
- Should certain foods be avoided while breastfeeding?
- Clogged milk ducts
- Sore nipples
- When should one seek medical care for problems with breastfeeding?
- Can supplements or medications increase a low milk supply?
- Is it possible to breastfeed while pregnant?
- Is smoking harmful when breastfeeding?
- Do breast implants, surgeries, or reductions affect breastfeeding?
- How should one wean a baby from breastfeeding?