Patient Comments: Biorhythms - Body Clock and Illness

Have you noticed your illness symptoms are better or worse at certain times of day? Please describe what happens.

Comment from: Anita, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

I have severe insomnia. For the past six years before my dad died of cancer (he didn't have a medical aid) I was looking after him. He had changed his day and night and because I had to be with him I also changed my day and night. I got used to staying by him three to four o'clock in the mornings and then take a nap until about 11am to get on with my household chores and taking care of my own family. My doctor prescribed Stilnox MR with Alzam 1 mg after his death but it does not work. As soon as night falls I am alert and my energy levels high even after I have taken the prescribe medicine. Recently my doctor put me on aN antidepressant Wellbutrin SR but this keeps me awake for two days at a time. I have lost over 13 kilos in the past year and am at my wits end. Am I taking the wrong drugs?

Biorhythms - Body Clock and Diagnostic Testing Question: Do you get different test results at different times of the day? How do biorhythms affect medical tests for you?