- Heart Disease (Coronary Artery Disease) Slideshow Pictures
- Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow: Causes, Tests and Treatment
- Take the Heart Disease Quiz!
- Is bepridil available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for bepridil?
- What are the uses for bepridil?
- What are the side effects of bepridil?
- What is the dosage for bepridil?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with bepridil?
- Is bepridil safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about bepridil?
Is bepridil available as a generic drug?
GENERIC AVAILABLE: No
Do I need a prescription for bepridil?
What are the uses for bepridil?
Bepridil is prescribed for patients with angina pectoris (heart pain) due to coronary artery disease.
What are the side effects of bepridil?
- Bepridil can cause very serious cardiac arrhythmias. The risk is increased in patients with a specific electrocardiographic abnormality called QT prolongation and in patients with low blood concentrations of potassium or magnesium.
- Bepridil also can cause increased or decreased heart rate and other abnormal rhythms.
Other side effects that can occur among patients taking bepridil include:
- flu-like symptoms,
- muscle aches,
- loss of appetite,
- stomach ache,
- dry mouth,
- inability to sleep,
- blurred vision,
- impotence, and
- reduction in sexual drive.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.