Patient Comments: Behcet's Syndrome - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your Behcet's syndrome?

Comment from: Colorado, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

I was diagnosed with Behcets a year ago, after suffering from the red blisters on my thighs, that ulcerated and would not heal. I was also extremely sick, headaches, dizziness, and unable to stay awake for more than a few hours at a time. I have always been very physically active, but had no energy at all, I felt at one point that I was dying. I was fortunate that at this time I was actually living in the middle east, and went to a doctor who is familiar with Bahchets and its treatment. I was put on a large dose (shot) of penicillin and colchitrane for 4 months, at which time the disease went into remission. Unfortunately, it is now back, and I am no longer in the middle east. I now have some of the sores or blisters around my mouth, outside and inside and my joints are very sore.

Comment from: Nebraska, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 18

Our son has Behcet's Syndrome, which we already knew but had to go the the emergency room because he was throwing up blood. After being scoped he has a bleeding ucler.

Comment from: Stevo, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I was diagnosed with Behcet's Syndrome about 2 months ago. Had 3 horrible episodes and having #4 right now. Awful sores in my mouth that would bleed for over a week permitting me to only drink smoothies. I would also get an awful rash which would go away after 2 weeks. Always got the outbreaks when I was sick or under the weather. Last one was so bad went to Emergency Room. Taking Colchicine now but obviously that didn't work. I have a team of doctors looking into this problem for me but honestly it simply feels like I'm on my own ( although I know this isn't true). Anyway, going to see the Dr. today and hopefully he'll give me some good news. I am frustrated and tired.

Comment from: anonymously, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I was diagnosed with Behcet's syndrome on January 2010 after 5 incidents in the hospital. I usually got it after menstruation every 3 months. Symptoms: my whole body was very painful, my wrists were sore and my lips got swollen. My cheeks got red and usually after 5 hours my whole mouth was covered with blisters, sometimes I got it on my vagina also. It usually lasts a week.

Behcet's Syndrome - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, have you found effective for Behcet's syndrome?
Behcet's Syndrome - Experience Question: Please discuss your experience with Behcet's syndrome.
Behcet's Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your Behcet's syndrome made?