Patient Comments: Behcet's Syndrome - Experience

Please discuss your experience with Behcet's syndrome.

Comment from: Eve, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I"ve been diagnosed with Behcet's syndrome 3 years ago. I was referred to the eye hospital because of a very severe anterior uveitis in both eyes. I was very lucky to be caught in time and started treatment right away, I was on 25 mg of methotrexate for approximately 2 years but first was on prednisolone eye drop for 6 months. Today I'm doing fine and my eyes are back to what it was, I do have to wear glasses but hey! After all I'm going on 53 so... Just to let everyone know that if you or someone you know is experiencing some sort of blurred vision and pressure in their eyes please go see quickly your eye doctor, because if not treated and you have uveitis you'll go blind.

Comment from: Lee123, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

My mother has Behcet's I have Behcet's and my sister as well, Behcet's needs rest, not extreme hot weather and we drink Advil CS that works wonders. You must learn your body"s signs, if we feel the symptoms popping up, we either rest or take Advil CS pills.

Behcet's Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your Behcet's syndrome?
Behcet's Syndrome - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, have you found effective for Behcet's syndrome?
Behcet's Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your Behcet's syndrome made?