Patient Comments: Behcet's Syndrome - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatment, including medication, have you found effective for Behcet's syndrome?

Comment from: Theresa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I am now 52 and I first had symptoms of Behcet's syndrome in my late teens. I had mouth ulcers before that. One doctor told me to use 1 tablespoon Mylanta + 1/2 capsule powdered Benadryl. I had to mix them together and swish in mouth as needed and then spit out. This worked for me. I also had a doctor cauterize a large ulcer under my tongue and that worked too. Sometimes my genital area burns and I slather it with mayonnaise and that works too. Today I put a lot of Mylanta on the outside of my almost golf-ball sized lump near my groin.

Comment from: Bev, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 28

My sister has been diagnosed with Behcet's. She constantly needs blood transfusions and doctors have been unable to find bone marrow. She also has the other problems listed in these articles. She had to have part of her foot removed. She sees many doctors but has yet to find one who can help her. She is 60 years old and lives in constant pain.

Behcet's Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your Behcet's syndrome?
Behcet's Syndrome - Experience Question: Please discuss your experience with Behcet's syndrome.
Behcet's Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your Behcet's syndrome made?