Behcet's Syndrome Index
Behçet's syndrome is a disease characterized by three symptoms: genital ulcers, recurring mouth ulcers, and inflammation around the pupil of the eye. Symptoms of Behcet's syndrome may also include inflammation of other areas of the body, such as the brain, joints, skin, retina, and bowels. Oral steroids, antiinflammatory drugs, and steroid gels, pastes, and creams may be used to treat Behçet's syndrome.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Uveitis
Uveitis (pronounced you-vee-EYE-tis) involves all inflammatory processes of the middle layers of the eye, also called the uveal...learn more »
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...learn more »
In This Article
Genital Herpes in Women Article
- Genital herpes in women facts
- What is genital herpes?
- How common is genital herpes?
- What are the signs and symptoms of genital herpes?
- What causes genital herpes, and how is it spread?
- How do you get genital herpes (transmission)?
- What kind of doctors treats genital herpes?
- How is genital herpes diagnosed?
- Is there a cure for genital herpes?
- Are home remedies or natural treatments effective for genital herpes?
- What medications treat and manage genital herpes?
- How is genital herpes managed during pregnancy?
- What is the prognosis for
a person with genital herpes?
- Is there a link between genital herpes and HIV?
- Can genital herpes be prevented?
Canker sore is a small ulcer crater in the lining of the mouth. Canker sores are one of the most
common problems that occur in...learn more »
In This Article
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STDs) Article
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD) facts
- What are sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
- Genital Herpes
- Human Papillomaviruses (HPVs) and Genital Warts
- Ectoparasitic Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C