Patient Comments: Bee and Wasp Sting - Treatment

What was the treatment for your bee and wasp sting?

Comment from: Sandy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I stepped on a wasp. The area around my little toe swelled, turned red, and hurt like crazy. I began soaking it in Epsom salts. It hurt worse than anything I could remember keeping me up all night. I was stung 4 times last year on my neck and arm but don't remember pain and swelling like this. After 4 days and no sleep due to pain, I went to urgent care where they took out the stinger and gave me antibiotics; it was infected. One week later, I still cannot put a shoe on due to swelling, redness, and pain.

Bee and Wasp Sting - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Bee and Wasp Sting.
Bee And Wasp Sting - Treatment Question: How did you treat your bee and/or wasp sting?
Bee and Wasp Sting - Bee or Wasp? Question: What type of bee or wasp stung you? Please share your story.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with a bee or wasp sting?
Bee and Wasp Sting - Medical Help Question: Did you see a doctor for a bee or wasp sting? Please describe your experience.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Prevention Question: Share tips and suggestions for preventing a bee or wasp sting.