Patient Comments: Bee and Wasp Sting - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Bee and Wasp Sting.

Comment from: Ouch!, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I was stung by a yellow jacket on my arm two days ago. It is continuing to swell and seems to be moving into my hand. No other allergic reactions, so I think I'll give it another day, but ouch! And it itches like crazy!

Comment from: punkin80, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

Last August, I was mowing the grass and apparently ran over a ground nest of very aggressive yellow jackets. Within seconds I was stung 13 times on the legs. I looked up on the computer what to do. I called my doctor, and he said take Benedryl, and I should be fine. I got up the next morning and was deathly sick. I was dizzy and throwing up over and over. The stings themselves were swollen about three inches and were red. I took a Medrol pack, and that helped. I am now undergoing bee venom therapy in hopes that will reduce my reaction if it happens again. I'm 51 years old and never had anything like this until now.

Comment from: Rod, 55-64 Male Published: September 16

I was stung in the back of my head by a yellow jacket in the morning. Throughout the day and night, I have had a headache.

Comment from: lw, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I got stung by a wasp on my toe. I was wearing sandals and I never saw the thing in the grass. My toe and foot are so red and very swollen. I never knew it could be so painful! Ugh.

Comment from: Grandmom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I had a wasp sting. It was a hot, red, enlarged lump. It itched, and I had throbbing pain that continued into the next day.

Comment from: so47, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I have been a hobby beekeeper for over a year. Stung multiple time, no problems. Kind of like fire ants, w/out the welts. (itch and burn for a few days) one day, pulling frames(honey), got bit twice. Knew I was in trouble right away. It felt like cotton was pushing down on all of me. Tried to get to the house but only made it a few yards. Family called 911. I "crashed" on the way to the er. Had to stay the night.

Comment from: George B., 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 11

My wife was stung by a Wasp two days ago. She still has redness on arm stung on and has been very tired and wants to sleep.

Comment from: Muffin, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I got a wasp sting on my finger two weeks ago. Now skin is peeling from that area. No redness or sign of infection.

Comment from: mel x, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

I got stung on Friday out back at work on the back of my leg I got a fright as I've never been stung b4. My workmate cut an onion in half and held a piece on my leg. It worked perfect, but I got stung again yesterday (Monday) this time on the same leg but on the front. I tried the onion, vinegar nothing worked my leg is like a balloon and the pain of it is horrible!!! I headed to the hospital and they gave me Chrlophenamine and Diclofenac. Let's pray that these work after spending 100 euro for them and today.

Comment from: Stacy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I got stung on the top of my middle finger by a wasp yesterday and I immediately put on the baking soda. I put other cream on as well. It is swollen and also now my hand is swollen and it is itching like crazy. I have even taken Benadryl but the swelling and itching is continuing.

Bee And Wasp Sting - Treatment Question: How did you treat your bee and/or wasp sting?
Bee and Wasp Sting - Bee or Wasp? Question: What type of bee or wasp stung you? Please share your story.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with a bee or wasp sting?
Bee and Wasp Sting - Medical Help Question: Did you see a doctor for a bee or wasp sting? Please describe your experience.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Prevention Question: Share tips and suggestions for preventing a bee or wasp sting.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Diagnosis Question: How did you diagnose whether your sting was from a bee or a wasp?