Patient Comments: Bee and Wasp Sting - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Bee and Wasp Sting.

Comment from: Jshurtz01, 45-54 (Patient) Published: October 18

I just came inside and felt something on my neck and reached back. A yellow jacket stung me. I put baking soda on it and it did not seem to draw anything out. My pinky (where I was stung) is swollen. I have taken 2 Benadryl tablets and put Benadryl cream on the area.

Comment from: mrgoodwrench, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 13

I just got stung by a yellow jacket and have broke out in rashes all over my body and itch severely. I've been stung many times but have never experienced this.

Comment from: Kelsiiirae, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

I was stung by a red wasp the other day and its turning purple around the sting.

Comment from: jen9452, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I was stung in the finger. I believe twice, by a yellow jacket. I immediately scraped the area to remove the stinger. 2 days later my finger is very swollen to the point that I can't bend it and itches terribly. It feels very hot and the heat seems to radiate up my forearm. I am a little sick to my stomach too. I have applied Benadryl topically and ice with little relief. One more day and I will probably seek medical treatment.

Comment from: Anthony W, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: August 05

I was at my friends grandparents, he was weedwacking and i was watching suddenly a whole swarm of wasps from the tree in the yard started attacking me. Luckily I only got stung like 5 times. It didnt hurt as bad as i thought and we all found it quite humorous!

Comment from: naila, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

i just got bit. it was hiding in the thrown used cloth in the bathroom. i stepped on that clupmped dress with my wet feet when i stepped out of the shower. felt like a big needle went through from underneath my feet. i withdraw and called my husband right away. the intense pain went down in a couple of minutes then after some minutes now it feels like pins and needles in the area around in the affected feet.

Comment from: Kbcale, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I was stung in the stomach and above the knee two days ago. Both areas are red, burning and pretty badly swollen. The bug bite solutions are not helping.

Comment from: Dawn, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I was stung by a wasp a month ago within seconds my whole hand tuned dark purple and the finger i was stung on continued to swell like a balloon. I have to take Benadryl and an Epi-pen due to the severity of my allergy. I usually have trouble breathing. I was lucky that I was across the road from the doctor when I got stung.

Comment from: Cheryl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I have been allergic all my life. I swell in a large area with the usual terrible itchiness. On my last sting, my symptoms changed for the worse. I still have the swelling and itchiness, but also, depending on the limb stung, I will have a severe pain up the entire limb all the way to my shoulder and neck -- or hip if it's the leg -- and it lasts about 12 hours. At first, after the sting, I feel the venom travel along with the pain up to my shoulder and neck, then it stays, and is agonizing! I did not go to emergency room or a doctor; I went to bed in the evening with the pain and had it all night. Next time, I will go to the ER or my doctor.

Bee And Wasp Sting - Treatment Question: How did you treat your bee and/or wasp sting?
Bee and Wasp Sting - Bee or Wasp? Question: What type of bee or wasp stung you? Please share your story.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with a bee or wasp sting?
Bee and Wasp Sting - Medical Help Question: Did you see a doctor for a bee or wasp sting? Please describe your experience.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Prevention Question: Share tips and suggestions for preventing a bee or wasp sting.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Diagnosis Question: How did you diagnose whether your sting was from a bee or a wasp?