Patient Comments: Bee and Wasp Sting - Bee or Wasp?

What type of bee or wasp stung you? Please share your story.

Comment from: MWOW, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

Thursday I was at my sisters sitting on her porch when there were a few wasps flying around and all of a sudden I noticed there was a wasp on my ankle bone. Before I knew it, it had bit me and I flicked it off. Immediately I had a burning sensation and applied ice. When I got home, my ankle was killing me and applied ice on and off. The next day I noticed my ankle was red and swollen and have been applying ice packs throughout the day. Today is the 3rd day and still swollen and red and sore. I have tried meat tenderizer, aloe Vera and hydrocortzone cream. At night I take Benadryl. Will this pain and swelling go away.

Comment from: jpoole72, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 10

Stung by a black jacket yesterday on the shin. Been stung several times by wasps before with no problems but this time, dead leg feeling, like I've had a cortisone injection, and burning. Hopefully benadryl will help.

Comment from: Rudy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

stung by wasp in back of neck and left ear lobe- swelling has occered. sting @ ear has caused pain in ear and jaw is sore when opening.

Comment from: Koolboomer, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I was stung on my index finger. My finger at the sting site swelled considerably and the tissue became both very sensitive and numb. The numb feeling persisted for days along with the swelling and pain. I can't believe a bee sting is that strong.

Bee and Wasp Sting - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Bee and Wasp Sting.
Bee And Wasp Sting - Treatment Question: How did you treat your bee and/or wasp sting?
Bee and Wasp Sting - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with a bee or wasp sting?
Bee and Wasp Sting - Medical Help Question: Did you see a doctor for a bee or wasp sting? Please describe your experience.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Prevention Question: Share tips and suggestions for preventing a bee or wasp sting.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Diagnosis Question: How did you diagnose whether your sting was from a bee or a wasp?