Patient Comments: Bee And Wasp Sting - Treatment

How did you treat your bee and/or wasp sting?

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 06

I was bitten 3 weeks ago by a wasp whilst gardening. I was bitten twice and 3 days later in bed I had excruciating pain in my knee which was where the stings were. I thought it was rheumatoid arthritis because the pain in my joint was so bad. I took 3 nurofen and it settled. I still have the red areas around the bite sites and it is still very itchy. Obviously I'm suffering from serum sickness. Because I was bitten more than once I am going to be very careful in the future when outdoors.

Comment from: 50sfreak, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I was stung in the back by a yellow jacket about 2.5 hours ago. My husband applied a drawing salve to the area which decreased the swelling but hasn't done anything to the shooting pain in my back or the headache. Took benadryl about 30 mins ago.

Bee and Wasp Sting - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Bee and Wasp Sting.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Bee or Wasp? Question: What type of bee or wasp stung you? Please share your story.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with a bee or wasp sting?
Bee and Wasp Sting - Medical Help Question: Did you see a doctor for a bee or wasp sting? Please describe your experience.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Prevention Question: Share tips and suggestions for preventing a bee or wasp sting.
Bee and Wasp Sting - Diagnosis Question: How did you diagnose whether your sting was from a bee or a wasp?