Patient Comments: Bed Bugs - Treatments

Were you able to effectively treat and rid your home of bed bugs?

Comment from: Maniac, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 12

I have been telling doctors for years that it feels as though my brain wasn't getting enough oxygen. No response! For years I was in a workout program at a gym, twice a week. Occasionally I would have to skip working out after the first of the workout pushed my heart rate up and instead of that increasing my blood pressure, my blood pressure dropped so that lying down was the only way to prevent falling down! For the last 3 or 4 years my balance has gotten worse and worse, I experience lightheadedness and a sense of floating more and more frequently. The room occasionally takes a quick spin or my walking is suddenly in the wrong direction. I claim that there is a little man who walks behind me and gives me a shove to take a wrong step every so often. That little man doesn't bother any more as I am dizzy or lightheaded or floating most of the time from rising in the morning until I have been up for a while, often during the day for short periods and now, for longer and longer periods, usually following a short time trying to do the exercises proposed by my physical therapist. My heart rate is up, my blood pressure is down and I can't continue. No doctor has thought it worth pursuing!

Comment from: Mike's mom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

My son was found unconscious in May 2013 due to 13 brain lesions. Original diagnosis was brain cancer but it was found to be bacterial after the biopsy. We were told he would not survive. He had to learn to talk, eat and walk after spending 75 days in hospital. The lesions they could access by surgery were drained. He still has an Ommaya reservoir under his scalp and quite a few scars but has made a full recovery and works full time. Never give up hope!

Comment from: Wiser, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I kept feeling like I couldn't do much and it kept getting worse. Doctor did blood test and there was no response from him. Lab didn't send test results to doctor. I assumed it as ok. Next time I saw him, he said I didn't look good. I took another blood test. Hemoglobin level was at 6. Not good at all. I entered hospital and had blood transfusion and more. After many tests, results suggested my stomach was not absorbing iron from foods. Still getting treated and hemoglobin is up to 10.8. I feel much better a year later; takes a long time.

Comment from: Paul G, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

We found an all-natural product called Bugright and it killed every crawling insect we had. It is a powder and it works. It was great to know it is safe around children and pets.

Comment from: Repoman, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

Bed bug issue in my townhome is a challenge, I bombed, sprayed, Orkined, steamed and sprayed again. You have to be persistent and keep killing the little monster. I replaced mattresses and will not have delivered new ones until after the retreat by the Orkin Man. I may rip up the carpet if this does not work. I am not paying 3K to heat treat, I would rather buy new flooring.

Comment from: Jill, Published: August 31

I just received a low hemoglobin count of 7.6 at a health fair screening. I shared that with my doctor who called me in immediately for a full blown blood evaluation. He thought that count was a mistake since every other test came back perfectly normal. They asked me all sorts of questions but they said I look fine. He thought this was an error in the blood test result at the health fair.

Comment from: gotalump, 45-54 Male Published: June 30

A few days ago I noticed a lump below my sternum and above my belly button, and the lump only appears when I am going from a lying position to getting up. As my muscles tense, the lump appears. When I saw the lump, I wondered to myself what was growing inside me. Than I did some research online (the worst thing to do) and saw it can possibly be an epigastric hernia, which I'm hoping that is all it is.

Bed Bugs - Initial Symptoms Question: What were your initial symptoms for bed bugs?
Bed Bugs - In Hotels Question: Please describe your experience with bed bugs.
Bed Bugs - Prevention Question: How have you prevented bed bugs from recurring in your home?
Bed Bugs - Identification Question: Have you seen actual bed bugs? If so, please describe them, along with your experience at home or at a hotel.
Bedbugs - Test Question: New question testing