Patient Comments: Bed Bugs - Treatments

Were you able to effectively treat and rid your home of bed bugs?

Comment from: Wiser, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I kept feeling like I couldn't do much and it kept getting worse. Doctor did blood test and there was no response from him. Lab didn't send test results to doctor. I assumed it as ok. Next time I saw him, he said I didn't look good. I took another blood test. Hemoglobin level was at 6. Not good at all. I entered hospital and had blood transfusion and more. After many tests, results suggested my stomach was not absorbing iron from foods. Still getting treated and hemoglobin is up to 10.8. I feel much better a year later; takes a long time.

Comment from: Paul G, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

We found an all-natural product called Bugright and it killed every crawling insect we had. It is a powder and it works. It was great to know it is safe around children and pets.

Comment from: Repoman, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

Bed bug issue in my townhome is a challenge, I bombed, sprayed, Orkined, steamed and sprayed again. You have to be persistent and keep killing the little monster. I replaced mattresses and will not have delivered new ones until after the retreat by the Orkin Man. I may rip up the carpet if this does not work. I am not paying 3K to heat treat, I would rather buy new flooring.

Comment from: foodcooppres, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

We got rid of the rest of the bedbugs in our bedroom in a strange way. We tore out the infested carpet and put in vinyl, but got the wrong adhesive for the vinyl, something meant for countertops. It had a terrible chemical smell, and all the rest of the bugs in the baseboards etc. were killed in hours. The clothing, I washed or put through the clothes dryer, and stored papers went in the freezer for a week.

Published: August 16

About 1 year ago, I noticed something crawling in our bed, I instantly googled bed bugs and realized that's what we had. We were sleeping on a bed given to us by my brother-in-law...and we had a major infestation in our room, but no where else. We burned the mattress, box spring and frame, and bought on-line chemicals to treat our room. Bought a new bed set, and they came back in our SON's room! TERMINIX came 10 days ago and "treated" for bed begs (they only found 1 live adult and some eggs) and today, a live one in our bed. I am SO MAD!!!

Comment from: Jill, Published: August 31

I just received a low hemoglobin count of 7.6 at a health fair screening. I shared that with my doctor who called me in immediately for a full blown blood evaluation. He thought that count was a mistake since every other test came back perfectly normal. They asked me all sorts of questions but they said I look fine. He thought this was an error in the blood test result at the health fair.

Comment from: gotalump, 45-54 Male Published: June 30

A few days ago I noticed a lump below my sternum and above my belly button, and the lump only appears when I am going from a lying position to getting up. As my muscles tense, the lump appears. When I saw the lump, I wondered to myself what was growing inside me. Than I did some research online (the worst thing to do) and saw it can possibly be an epigastric hernia, which I'm hoping that is all it is.

Comment from: slhall61, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

We are still in the process of ridding our home of bed bugs. I have a steamer on the way.

Bed Bugs - Initial Symptoms Question: What were your initial symptoms for bed bugs?
Bed Bugs - In Hotels Question: Please describe your experience with bed bugs.
Bed Bugs - Prevention Question: How have you prevented bed bugs from recurring in your home?
Bed Bugs - Identification Question: Have you seen actual bed bugs? If so, please describe them, along with your experience at home or at a hotel.