View Table of Contents
- Bedbug facts
- What are bedbugs? What do bedbugs look like?
- Where are bedbugs found?
- What about bedbugs in hotels?
- How are bedbugs spread?
- What are the symptoms and signs of bedbug bites?
- What is the treatment for bedbug bites?
- How do I detect a bedbug infestation in my home?
- How do I get rid of bedbugs in the home?
- What about prevention of bedbug bites?
How do I detect a bedbug infestation in my home?
You can look to see if you can identify the fecal stains, egg cases, and shed skins (exuviae) in crevices and cracks on or near beds. You should also look at other areas such as under wallpaper, behind picture frames, in couches and other furniture, in bedsprings and under mattresses, and even in articles of clothing. While fecal stains and skin casts suggest that bedbugs have been present, these do not confirm that the infestation is still active. Observing the bedbugs themselves is definitive confirmation that an area is infested. You may require professional assistance from a pest-control company in determining whether your home contains bedbugs.