Bed Bugs Index
Bed bugs (from the insect family Cimicidae) are small, reddish-brown tick-like insects that feed by sucking the blood of mammals. They are often found in poorly sanitized areas or in crowded living quarters.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Bedbugs
Adult bed bugs are wingless insects about one-quarter of an inch long and oval in shape. See a picture of Bedbug and learn more...learn more »
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Ticks are known transmitters of disease to humans and animals. Tick-borne diseases include Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted...learn more »
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »
In This Article
Spider Bites (Including Black Widow and Brown Recluse) Article
- Spider bites facts
- What are the symptoms of spider bites?
- Black widow spider bite symptoms
- Brown recluse spider bite symptoms
- Are spider bites dangerous?
- What should you do if you are bitten by a spider?
- What should you do if you are bitten by a black widow or brown recluse spider?
In This Article
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep) Article
- What is sleep?
- What causes the body to sleep?
- What are the stages of sleep?
- How long does it take to get REM sleep?
- Why is REM sleep important?
- What percentage of sleep should be deep sleep?
- How much sleep does a person need?
- Does the amount of sleep we need change as we age?
- What are signs and symptoms of sleep deprivation?
- What are and what causes sleep disorders?
- How are sleep problems diagnosed?
- How are sleep problems treated?
- Sleep hygiene
- Other therapies
- Sleep aids (prescription and OTC)
- Are sleep problems and disease related?
- How can I get a good night's sleep?