becaplermin gel - topical, Regranex
GENERIC NAME: BECAPLERMIN GEL - TOPICAL (be-KAP-ler-min)
BRAND NAME(S): Regranex
USES: This medication is used to treat certain foot/leg ulcers in people with diabetes. It is used along with good foot/leg care (e.g., keeping pressure off the wound) to help the ulcer heal completely. Becaplermin works by attracting certain natural substances to the ulcer that help wound healing.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions