OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include slowed or fast breathing; cold, clammy skin; change in size of pupil; deep sleep; and loss of consciousness.
NOTES: Long-term use can lead to dependence. Take only as directed. Do not increase dose or take longer than prescribed. If tolerance and dependency develop, the medication will become less effective with prolonged use. If you develop severe pain while taking this medication, contact your doctor. Do not allow anyone else to take this medication.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, use it as soon as remembered; do not use if it is almost time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature away from sunlight.
MEDICAL ALERT: Your condition can cause complications in a medical emergency. For enrollment information call MedicAlert at 1-800-854-1166 (USA), or 1-800-668-1507 (Canada).
Last Editorial Review: 3/2/2005
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index