Patient Comments: Baker Cyst - Treatments

What treatment was effective for your Baker's cyst?

Comment from: pcscherden, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

My experience with the popular Baker's cyst happened about a year ago. I am a 57 year old female and walked about 3 miles at least 5 days a week for over a year. My knees suddenly felt very painful and I was diagnosed with osteo-arthritis. I really slowed down with the walking and the pain got worse at which time I was diagnosed with a Baker's cyst. About 7 months later I was found to have one behind the other knee! For me, the steroid injections have worked great. I know they won't go away, but for now I am happy.

Comment from: Silhouette, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

Male, 63 years old, good physical condition in general, fairly muscular up top, about 15 pounds overweight. Was diagnosed with a Baker's Cyst about a year and a half ago via sonogram. Doctor decided to leave it alone. PROBLEM: The cyst is NOT directly behind my knee, but in my upper calf. The doctor had never seen one like mine. It presses on the artery and vein in my left leg causing moderate pain when walking fast and great pain after jogging only a few hundred yards. This cyst is keeping me from doing the cardio exercise I would like to do. Surgery or drainage?

Baker Cyst - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Baker cyst.
Baker Cyst - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your Baker cyst?