Patient Comments: Bacterial Vaginosis - Symptoms

Question:What were your symptoms of bacterial vaginosis?

Comment from: NeetaSayuri, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I had surgery a few years ago for endometriosis, and since then I have had nothing but problems. I have chronic yeast infections left and right. No treatment helps for longer than a few days. In just a few days ago got diagnosed with BV, what is bothering me is that none of my worst symptoms are even listed as symptoms, such as severe swelling inside me, and extreme pain during sex.

Comment from: Nelsons Syndrome, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 04

My symptoms were many. If I became sweaty my crotch would burn very badly. The labia felt like it was on fire! The inflammation covered the entire area even the anus. I started seeing a new boyfriend and when I became aroused I started to itch! Talk about embarrassing! I was able to hide it from him though!

Published: January 04

Hi I thought I had a yeast infection because discharge was cottage cheese like but went to the doctor today and the test results showed bv. I just finished the cream treatment which did not work. I am taking pills now. I was just diagnosed with diabetes.

Comment from: ick, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

For years, it feels like bv is always around the corner. It's horrible. Latest situation: new partner, we started having sex 3 months ago, each month around the time I ovulate I get bv. First treated with gel. Month 2 was oral. Now we are doubling with pill and gel. He smokes cigarettes. I don't. We also enjoy oral sex as well as vaginal sex. I have had an iud for several years. I'm wondering if this info is similar to other situations/symptoms.

Comment from: Liyah, Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I have had BV off and on for several years. The doctor's can't explain why I keep getting it back either but it's a pain in the butt. At one point, they were saying use condom but that too didn't work. Now they are saying I'm allergic to my husband. I'm at a loss for words and I'm at end here.

Bacterial Vaginosis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with bacterial vaginosis?
Bacterial Vaginosis - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with bacterial vaginosis?
Bacterial Vaginosis - Treatment Question: What treatments were effective for bacterial vaginosis?
Bacterial Vaginosis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bacterial vaginosis.
Bacterial Vaginosis - Possible Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your bacterial vaginosis?