azelastine spray - nasal, Astelin
GENERIC NAME: AZELASTINE SPRAY - NASAL (AY-zel-AS-teen)
BRAND NAME(S): Astelin
USES: Azelastine is used to relieve nasal symptoms such as runny/itching/stuffy nose, sneezing, and post-nasal drip caused by seasonal allergies and other allergic conditions. This medication is an antihistamine. It works by blocking certain natural substances called histamines that are responsible for allergic symptoms.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions